PDA

View Full Version : NBA Scouts....and there is your answer

IWB
11-13-2013, 09:06 AM
And we have our answer.... I always think it is pretty significant when there are 10-20 NBA scouts at an MU game, like those vs Georgetown, Syracuse or Louisville.

Last night in the Andrew Wiggins vs Jabari Parker showdown there were 68 NBA scouts on hand. Wow.

Funny, the report says Wiggins gets the best of Parker. Yes, Kansas won, but Wiggins had 22 pts & 8 rebs where Parker had 27 pts and 9 rebounds.

Other notables in that game.....

Tarik Black started, but only played 6 mins and had 0 pts & 1 reb to go with 3 fouls.
Joel Embiid played 20 minutes off the bench and had 2 pts to go with 7 rebs.
Rodney Hood played 38 minutes, had 11 pts and 5 assists, but also had 5 turnovers and 4 fouls.

TheSultan
11-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Parker's stock slipped a bit between his junior and senior years. But I am thinking that Duke might have gotten the best of the bunch.

Goose85
11-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Last night lived up to its billing.

The three Big Time Frosh against top 5 teams last night were absolutely Awesome.

Randle for Kentucky - 27 points and 13 boards against Mich State (#1 team in country?).
Parker for Duke - 27 points and 9 boards against Kansas.
Wiggins for Kansas - 22 points and 8 boards against Duke.

These frosh weren't playing Grambling, they were playing legit top 5 teams in the country.

Keep losing Milwaukee Bucks, keep losing!

MUMac
11-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Parker's stock slipped a bit between his junior and senior years. But I am thinking that Duke might have gotten the best of the bunch.

I agree. I know it is early, but from what I have watched, he will be a phenomenal pro prospect.

Nukem2
11-13-2013, 09:37 AM

Not sure his stock really dropped. He was just working through an injury that affected his summer before his senior season and well into his senior season.

IWB
11-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Remember, he did have a knee injury that slowed him between jr & sr year.

IWB
11-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Damn - beat me to it Mac!

The Reptile
11-13-2013, 09:53 AM
The impact of his injury lasted until the fall. I was a flight with him between Chicago and Raleigh when he went for his official to Duke. Parker still had crutches and the flight was last October. I'd be willing to wager that his injury was worse than advertised. Good to see that it's behind him and he's back to being the player he always was.

IWB
11-13-2013, 10:06 AM
He was on crutches at Marquette Madness too.