PDA

View Full Version : Jamail Jones

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Noticed that Jamail Jones had 17 pts and 8 Rebs for FGCU last night against Nebraska... Good to see him land on his feet, he always seemed like a great kid.

IWB
11-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Jamail is overcoming some overwhelming hurdles that life has put in his path, great to see - thanks for posting!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Nice notice, BW4P. Good night for Mellow, here's hoping the rest of the team gives him some support. Love to see FGCU have success with him there. That's a kid I definitely wish well. He worked hard while he was here and gave his all trying to succeed, but despite the effort, just couldn't quite get over that hump of going from bit player to regular contributor.

BLT
11-10-2013, 08:38 AM
http://www.naplesnews.com/videos/detail/eye-on-the-eagles-qa-jamail-jones/

TheSultan
11-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I met a guy from the FGCU athletic department a few months ago who said that Jones would be one of their three best players. High hopes.

MUBasketball
11-10-2013, 01:41 PM
I met a guy from the FGCU athletic department a few months ago who said that Jones would be one of their three best players. High hopes.

That's a pretty obvious quote. He was a highly recruited kid who dropped to the A-Sun. Of course he's expected to be one of the top players on the team. They obviously have talent, as well as a Georgia Tech transfer, but still.

TheSultan
11-10-2013, 02:08 PM
That's a pretty obvious quote. He was a highly recruited kid who dropped to the A-Sun. Of course he's expected to be one of the top players on the team. They obviously have talent, as well as a Georgia Tech transfer, but still.

Erik Williams was highly ranked and transferred to Sam Houston. How'd that work out? Sorry if my personal conversation with someone connected to their program was "obvious," but I thought it was relevant to the topic at hand. Next time I'll make sure it is sufficiently profound for you.

MUBasketball
11-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Erik Williams was highly ranked and transferred to Sam Houston. How'd that work out? Sorry if my personal conversation with someone connected to their program was "obvious," but I thought it was relevant to the topic at hand. Next time I'll make sure it is sufficiently profound for you.

Why is everybody so damn crabby on here? I would post on here if I had the same conversation with someone from FGCU, you just seemed surprised by the comment, which struck me as weird. While Erik didn't work at SHSU (for whatever reason), doesn't mean there weren't high expectations for him when he transferred.

In closing, relax...

Phantom Warrior
11-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Cat fight! Cat fight!

TheSultan
11-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Why is everybody so damn crabby on here? I would post on here if I had the same conversation with someone from FGCU, you just seemed surprised by the comment, which struck me as weird. While Erik didn't work at SHSU (for whatever reason), doesn't mean there weren't high expectations for him when he transferred.

In closing, relax...

Why would you assume I was surprised? I was simply sharing.

In closing, don't make dumb assumptions....

MUBasketball
11-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Cat fight! Cat fight!

Ha, seriously!

MUBasketball
11-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Why would you assume I was surprised? I was simply sharing.

In closing, don't make dumb assumptions....

Ok I mis-interpreted. My bad. Aren't you glad you blew a gasket over it? Packers stink and people get short fuses! Ha

TheSultan
11-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Ok I mis-interpreted. My bad. Aren't you glad you blew a gasket over it?

I didn't blow a gasket. (Yet another assumption on your part.) But thank you for acknowledging your initial error.

MU/Panther
11-10-2013, 06:08 PM
See FGCU at 6am this Tuesday on ESPN2!