PDA

View Full Version : My personal win streak

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I realized today as I was discussing the teams home win streak that my personal win streak (games I have been in attendance for) is actually pretty impressive. I've been one lucky MU fan. I have season tickets and fortunately was on vacation in South Africa for the Vanderbilt loss (or last loss at home) and then adding to it I have attended a few road games, as well as tournament games and i found the last 33 Marquette games I have been to have been wins for the good guys... That includes 7 ranked teams, two Badger beat downs in Madison, and three tournament games. The last loss I saw was March 2nd 2011 against Cincinnati... Here is hoping I can push that number into the 50's this year!

IWB
11-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Oh no, this better not end up like an SI jinx.

TheSultan
11-08-2013, 12:28 PM
My last in-person home loss...2/14/04 v. Memphis State. I don't know if anyone remembers that game, but MSU hit something like 15 three pointers. (I have only been to a handful of BC games since then.)

My last in-person loss of any kind was @ Madison in Maymon's last game as a Warrior.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-08-2013, 12:31 PM
I sure hope not IWB... And Sultan it's not really about the time but also the volume of games I have attended in that time frame. You'd figure if you attend 33 games somewhere along the line you'd see a loss. If I were a betting man I'd say my streak ends against OSU... But I'm a pessimist so who knows lol.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
11-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Senior night Syracuse game when Johnny Flynn dominated Mo Acker (who was playing for an injured dom james) if memory serves correct. I can remember being so pissed off not so much at the loss but at the fact that this loss hit me with the stark reality that Marquette was probably not going to make a final four run without dom james.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Do you know how many games in between that?

WindyCityGoldenEagle
11-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Not that many as I gave up my season tix a few years ago. So I've only been to 2-3 games a year so no where near your streak.

Nukem2
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
My last in-person home loss...2/14/04 v. Memphis State. I don't know if anyone remembers that game, but MSU hit something like 15 three pointers. (I have only been to a handful of BC games since then.)

My last in-person loss of any kind was @ Madison in Maymon's last game as a Warrior.

Remember that game. Memphis' basket was as big as a trash can that nite.

CaribouJim
11-08-2013, 01:53 PM

I remember that game very well - major beat down by MSU. Was pumped for an upset win for MU but it was men playing against boys in that one.

A bunch of us went to Pieces of Eight before the game - hadn't been there since a bit date at MU in '80.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Sometime shortly after the Vandy game, I started parking at the firehouse on 7th and Wells. My walk to the BC takes me down 4th Street past the Walk of Fame at the Cell. Every time I walk by there, I kiss my fingers and touch Al McGuire's plaque. Dumb little tradition, but we've never lost a game when I walked by Al's plaque.

2012Warrior
11-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I finally broke my sweatervest curse. Only two times I've worn it were the Vandy game and the Louisville Big East Tournament game. Both blowout losses. I was too scared to wear it last year. The vest was my personal "baby blues." Decided to bust it out at work yesterday and can now feel comfortable wearing it going forward.