PDA

View Full Version : Duane Wilson Commitment video...

IWB
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Duane Wilson commitment video is up on the front pages if BrewCityBall and InsideTheAL. Video includes interview with Duane, his dad, his coach and I had his mom ask him some questions too..... Duane Wilson commits to Marquette (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?280-Dominican-s-Duane-Wilson-commits-to-Marquette-*Video*)

Tmreddevil
03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Nice work Jim.

Tatum74
03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Jim - great interviews - gotta tell you I'm loving the new site. Thanks!

IWB
03-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks - appreciate the comments!

MU Viking
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Really well done. Love the new site!

Nukem2
03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Well done IWB, as always.

KonaWarrior
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Great interviews Jim. I was hoping that someone would get into the head of his dad to hear his thoughts. During the PC, looked like Duane Sr. was just waiting to say something. Appreciate this nice follow up video highlighting the parents.....looks like a great kid from a great family.

Gato78
03-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Love Duane's interview by his mother!

IWB
03-21-2012, 12:40 PM
I wanted to get her in there, and she seemed pretty quiet and shy, so I figured the best way to find out what she thought of the decision was to have her talk to her son about it - figured it would get her to open up a bit about what was important to her.

ziggysfryboy
03-21-2012, 04:23 PM
what is on inside the al? cost, etc? thanks.

TrevorCandelino
03-21-2012, 05:14 PM
This is great, Jim. Love the new site.

IWB
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Ziggy - Inside is much like a Rivals or Scout subscription, but there are a few differences. First off, I am not limited to what I can do because of the framework of a network. If there is a need, or request - I can change things, move with the flow. Also, as soon as the season comes to an end, I will be pounding the recruiting trail. I will have FREQUENT articles, videos and interviews with Marquette recruits from my travels to AAU events etc.

As far as information goes, we have a premium message board and those that are already there will confirm that I have already been more open than I have ever have before, and will continue to be. Ask questions, I will answer. For years I have built up relationships with AAU coaches, high school coaches, recruiters and people from recruiting services, and I will utilize those resources to bring you real info, as opposed to pretenders that launch things out there hoping something sticks. Anyone that has been around the message board for a few years knows that I have the ability to back all of that up.

Obviously it takes a lot of time to run and operate this site, and I don't have Yahoo and Fox behind me to build things, so I will have to work hard to keep subscribers. This will be a focus for me, and not just a hobby, so I will deliver, or I will be done.

When it comes to writing - I can put together stories that will take you inside of the mind of a recruit, or I can write a story that will make a player's parents tear up. On the other hand, I couldn't write a post game story if my life depended on it, so look for ways to be different. Look at some of the things I have put up recently, the videos from inside the locker room in Louisville, having Otule interview Vander after Murray State, having Duane Wilson's mom interview him..... I take a different approach. I never claimed to be the most talented member of the media out there, so I will always try to do things in a fresh, different way.

If you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail me at Jim@IWBMarketing.com

unclejohn
03-21-2012, 05:47 PM
great interviews.

ge1974
03-21-2012, 07:57 PM
IWB, just watched both interviews. Great, great stuff. I am elated Duane Wilson is coming to Marquette. He's well-spoken for someone his age. He's also lucky to have wonderful parents , teammates and a terrific H.S coach. Looks like he's smart enough to know a "family" when he sees one.

MUMac
03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Ziggy - Inside is much like a Rivals or Scout subscription, but there are a few differences. First off, I am not limited to what I can do because of the framework of a network. If there is a need, or request - I can change things, move with the flow. Also, as soon as the season comes to an end, I will be pounding the recruiting trail. I will have FREQUENT articles, videos and interviews with Marquette recruits from my travels to AAU events etc.

As far as information goes, we have a premium message board and those that are already there will confirm that I have already been more open than I have ever have before, and will continue to be. Ask questions, I will answer. For years I have built up relationships with AAU coaches, high school coaches, recruiters and people from recruiting services, and I will utilize those resources to bring you real info, as opposed to pretenders that launch things out there hoping something sticks. Anyone that has been around the message board for a few years knows that I have the ability to back all of that up.

Obviously it takes a lot of time to run and operate this site, and I don't have Yahoo and Fox behind me to build things, so I will have to work hard to keep subscribers. This will be a focus for me, and not just a hobby, so I will deliver, or I will be done.

When it comes to writing - I can put together stories that will take you inside of the mind of a recruit, or I can write a story that will make a player's parents tear up. On the other hand, I couldn't write a post game story if my life depended on it, so look for ways to be different. Look at some of the things I have put up recently, the videos from inside the locker room in Louisville, having Otule interview Vander after Murray State, having Duane Wilson's mom interview him..... I take a different approach. I never claimed to be the most talented member of the media out there, so I will always try to do things in a fresh, different way.

If you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail me at Jim@IWBMarketing.com

Zigs, the site is new and I can so with full confidence that IWB is spot on. Inside the Al is well worth it. I did not want to speak before IWB, but let's just say we knew a commitment was coming this week long before it happened. Out of respect for Duane and his family, IWB withheld the name - which I completely respect. But, we knew good news was on it's way. ;)

TrevorCandelino
03-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Ziggy, I will also attest. I have been on all board since geocities and have been a paying member of all boards as soon as that became an option. I will pay for IWB's board ten times over before anyone elses.

Goose85
03-22-2012, 08:50 AM
IWB is a true insider, not just someone who follows twitter and reads the internet and then posts things like they have inside information.
When IWB told us a few weeks back that a commit was coming it wasn't because he was guessing or interpreting some kids tweet, it is because he is in the know.

Keep up the great stuff IWB. Look forward to more of those fun interviews.

TulsaWarrior
03-22-2012, 09:05 AM
In the past year prior to IWB's board it was clear the one I was paying for was playing me for a chump. I was being taken for granted and getting a minimum commitment on the other end. Now there's a bit of a Marquette Fan webpage war going on and I'm finally seeing more product for the pay site. If you buy a service you want to feel like you are respected after the purchase and respected for your ongoing payments.