PDA

View Full Version : Just What The Doctor Ordered?

TedBaxter
11-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Buzz and Tony Bennett have their teams meet today for what is kind of becoming an annual scrimmage and with Tony's experienced Virginia team so well disciplined on defense and having some offensive firepower, todays scrimmage should be a great prep for the start of the season, especially for the freshman and Derrick Wilson. Wilson and former prep school teammate Mike Tobey will also get reacquainted.

Markedman
11-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Anyobdy have an idea what this is about?

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2013/nov/01/marquette-mens-basketball-team-will-host-an-exhibition-against-d-iii-whitewater-tonight/

MUBasketball
11-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Anyobdy have an idea what this is about?

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2013/nov/01/marquette-mens-basketball-team-will-host-an-exhibition-against-d-iii-whitewater-tonight/

The women hosted Whitewater last night, I assume that caused the confusion.

Markedman
11-02-2013, 01:36 PM
ok thanks....

always interesting to see early season scores....just never know how teams will mesh early in the year...

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit 15m
Duke losing 42-41 to Drury College. Rodney Hood clearly the go-to guy for the Blue Devils.

Markedman
11-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Brendan Prunty ‏@BrendanPrunty 7m
#NewBigEast RT @KieranDarcy FINAL: St. John's 82, San Francisco State 80. The Red Storm escape.

Markedman
11-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Mike Broeker ‏@mikebroeker 2m
That was as good a test as a team can get. Old fashion snot knocker between two good basketball teams. #shh #secret #mubb

Gato78
11-02-2013, 04:33 PM
With their talent, if this is the way the St. John's season goes, Lavin may well cement his reputation as a terrible coach/great recruiter--perhaps well earned at UCLA.

unclejohn
11-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I don't put much stock in early season exhibition scores like that. Coaches of good teams do not always do all they can do to win. They play everybody, work on defenses that are not effective, and the like. Who was the Big East team that lost to LeMoyne a few years back? I think they went on to the Final Four. It might have been UConn the year they won the national championship.

TheSultan
11-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't put much stock in early season exhibition scores like that. Coaches of good teams do not always do all they can do to win. They play everybody, work on defenses that are not effective, and the like. Who was the Big East team that lost to LeMoyne a few years back? I think they went on to the Final Four. It might have been UConn the year they won the national championship.

Syracuse...and I agree with you.

MUMac
11-02-2013, 05:08 PM

I agree. I was at the UW game against Platteville and bo even gave Evan Anderson 2 minutes. In the regular season, no way he does that!

warriorfan4life
11-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Mike Broeker ‏@mikebroeker 2m
That was as good a test as a team can get. Old fashion snot knocker between two good basketball teams. #shh #secret #mubb

I'll take that as a good sign, as Virginia is a good and experienced team that will finish near the top of the ACC.

MU/Panther
11-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Miami lost an exhibition game last season and won the ACC. St. John's didn't have there big man in the middle.