PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Reveals Announcer Line Up

TheSultan
10-28-2013, 11:18 AM
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/binary/2013/10/28/2013_Big_East_Talent_Announcement1382976050117.pdf

Pretty good group all around. I do have to wonder who Dick Stockton has naked pics of to keep his job however. Baseball runs too fast for the guy - he's gonna be brutal.

CaribouJim
10-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Like K.O. inclusion. He was on weekly as a contributor for WGN Radio here on Chicago a few years ago in between jobs - he was good.

I'm drawing a blank - what is Mike Deane doing nowadays - he did some TV and/or radio stuff out east - from what I hear he too was pretty good. Agree on Stockton - ugghh.

MUBasketball
10-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Like K.O. inclusion. He was on weekly as a contributor for WGN Radio here on Chicago a few years ago in between jobs - he was good.

I'm drawing a blank - what is Mike Deane doing nowadays - he did some TV and/or radio stuff out east - from what I hear he too was pretty good. Agree on Stockton - ugghh.

Deane is an assistant at James Madison. Unsure if he has the seat belt on the bench or not?!

MUBasketball
10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
And that is a good lineup, well done.

Can someone clarify...does Fox have any ownership stake in the BTN? Some names on there have been on BTN in the past (Jackson, Bardo, Brian Anderson). Are they working for both networks, or did they leave BTN to join Fox?

TheSultan
10-28-2013, 11:52 AM

Can someone clarify...does Fox have any ownership stake in the BTN? Some names on there have been on BTN in the past (Jackson, Bardo, Brian Anderson). Are they working for both networks, or did they leave BTN to join Fox?

Yes, Fox and the B10 jointly own BTN so my guess is that those guys have always worked for Fox.

CaribouJim
10-28-2013, 12:03 PM

...and Donny Marshall has done games on the NBCSN as well and is still a contributor. Don't know how that stuff works - seems like there is a lot of cross-pollination between networks. Olbermann working the MLB playoffs with TBS for example.

MU/Panther
10-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Big East games on Fox Sports 1: Dick Stockton, Thom Brennaman, Brian Anderson, Justin Kutcher, Erick Collins and Kevin Kugler.

MU/Panther
10-28-2013, 12:30 PM
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/binary/2013/10/28/2013_Big_East_Talent_Announcement1382976050117.pdf

Pretty good group all around. I do have to wonder who Dick Stockton has naked pics of to keep his job however. Baseball runs too fast for the guy - he's gonna be brutal.

What do you think of Dick Stockton when he does NBA on TNT?

TheSultan
10-28-2013, 12:34 PM
What do you think of Dick Stockton when he does NBA on TNT?

That's right. I couldn't remember where I heard him do basketball before, but yeah he does do NBA on TNT. Not a fan of his work at all.

MU/Panther
10-28-2013, 12:44 PM
That's right. I couldn't remember where I heard him do basketball before, but yeah he does do NBA on TNT. Not a fan of his work at all.He has a great voice. Maybe too old, but he is a brand name. Did NBA and NCAA basketball back in the days on CBS.

His biggest college call.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suG5MRdHmSI

MU/Panther
10-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Yes, Fox and the B10 jointly own BTN so my guess is that those guys have always worked for Fox. I think Fox owns 49% of BTN.

Jim Spanarkel and Bob Wenzel are bigtime underrated! Both have done many ncaa tourney games on CBS.

I also thought Stephen Bardo was not used right at ESPN. I'm glad he is on BTN & FS1! I still have Bardo on tape when he did the UW-MU game at the BC in 2002.

MU_Iceman
10-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Maybe it's me, but I have always appreciated guys like Stockton, Summerall and John Madden, when most hate them. To me, more than anything what makes a good announcer is their voice. Is their voice easy to listen to?? Is it an "announcers" voice?? To me that's what makes an announcer good. It's not '"style" at all. Stockton, Summerall and Madden at least for my money have GREAT announcers voices. An example of someone I do NOT like because he just doesn't have the voice for it is Spero Dedes. His voice grates on me big time. How he is a commentator is beyond me.

MU/Panther
10-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Funny, I like Spero Dedes.

TheSultan
10-28-2013, 02:42 PM
And I liked Stockton when he could accurately describe what was happening on the court.

MU/Panther
10-28-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm really happy with the crew! Other than Justin Kutcher, I didn't really know where FS1 was going to go with as a crew.

Everyone was taking about Gus & Raft, but everyone forgot to think about team B, C, D & E. Brennaman & Stockton are brand names with Anderson, Kutcher, Collins & Kugler are up & comings.

The game analyst are pretty good as well. I love Raftery! Wenzel, Spanarkel & Bardo are good as well.

I didn't know who Tarik Turner was untill last Friday. Fast thinker. Had many facts. Great hire!

ziggysfryboy
10-28-2013, 03:37 PM
"Young THHHom Brennaman." --Harry Carey.

CaribouJim
10-28-2013, 07:16 PM
"Young THHHom Brennaman." --Harry Carey.

"Young THHHom" or at least when he was young w/ Harry had an equally young, maybe younger, hot wife IIRC.

Mark Miller
10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
I think Fox owns 49% of BTN.

Jim Spanarkel and Bob Wenzel are bigtime underrated! Both have done many ncaa tourney games on CBS.

I also thought Stephen Bardo was not used right at ESPN. I'm glad he is on BTN & FS1! I still have Bardo on tape when he did the UW-MU game at the BC in 2002.

Agree 100 percent on Spanarkel, Wenzel and Bardo!!

MUfan12
10-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Wenzel tries a little to hard at times, but he's decent. Like all the other ones as well.

Brian Anderson is pretty good with basketball. We'll also have Wayne Larrivee calling the FS Regional games.