PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Game on Thursday...

ge1974
03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Did anyone else read that the Florida Gators went directly from Omaha to Phoenix yesterday and did not even go back to Gainsville after their victory Sunday? Is there any advantage to this? Bill Donovan stated that he thought it was good for comradery and focus.

IWB
03-20-2012, 08:33 PM
At availability today, Buzz said MU was the only team that went home, and did not go straight to Phoenix. Said he likes it when his guys get to sleep in their own bed.

MUMac
03-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I think travel would have been a reason. They finished their game Sunday night. A 3 hour flight from Omaha to Gainesville late Sunday night and then a 4 hour flight from Gainesville to Phoenix 2 days later might have been on his mind. MU's travel from Louisville to Milwaukee on Saturday was much more timely and manageable.

MUMac
03-20-2012, 08:48 PM
At availability today, Buzz said MU was the only team that went home, and did not go straight to Phoenix. Said he likes it when his guys get to sleep in their own bed.
I agree with Buzz, but can also understand the decisions for Florida and Louisville.

Louisville played in Portland. That would have been a tough flight back to Louisville and then turn around and travel to Phoenix. MSU likely traveled directly since they played on Sunday, but I would have thought they would go back to East Lansing and travel today.

ydouask23
03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Dont all these students athletes have class? And we were the only team to go home?

kneelb4zerg
03-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Given the events of today, I wish they had gone straight to PHX.

Goose85
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Does the school have to pay for the hotel rooms or because it is the NCAA tourney are the covered by the NCAA?

I understand a few extra nights isn't going to break the bank, but I was just wondering how that works.

IWB
03-20-2012, 09:33 PM
If the rules are still the same that they were a few years ago, the NCAA controls all - hotels, flights etc etc.

ydouask23
03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Given the events of today, I wish they had gone straight to PHX.

no foolin....wonder if the story would have even broke...