PDA

View Full Version : Paint Touches on McKay

Nukem2
10-24-2013, 01:20 PM
http://www.painttouches.com/2013/10/24/mckay-sheds-light-on-decsion-to-transfer-from-marquette

Obviously Jameel sees himself as more of a 3 or 3/4. Will be interesting to see how he does in another system. Guess Buzz gets very firm in how he sees guys contributing. On top of Duane's injury, his departure makes MU look like a much different team in terms of athleticism and length. Hopefully Duane can get back soon, though the loss of all this early practice time is going to make it very hard for him to contribute right away.

Mark Miller
10-24-2013, 01:23 PM
A 3?

Don't see that happening. In all the times I've watched Jameel, he has played very close to the basket.

Nukem2
10-24-2013, 01:35 PM
A 3?

Don't see that happening. In all the times I've watched Jameel, he has played very close to the basket.I agree, but apparently Jameel sees it differently? Otherwise, why would he transfer? He'll probably face the same dilemma no matter where he goes as his perimeter skills are not there...?

mutpm
10-24-2013, 01:45 PM
We've seen this in the past where 4/5 type players think they are something else, transfer, and end up playing the 4/5. See ODB and Maymon as exhibits A and B.

Nukem2
10-24-2013, 01:55 PM
We've seen this in the past where 4/5 type players think they are something else, transfer, and end up playing the 4/5. See ODB and Maymon as exhibits A and B.Interesting comments by Blue Ribbon Yearbook re Maymon in its TN write-up:

Maymon also teams with Jarnell Stokes to give the Vols one of the more physical front lines in the country. .... "Now you add another true post in there with Jarnell," said TN assistant Kent Williams. "Jeronne will be able to play the 4 and 5; when Jarnell comes out, Jeronne can go to the 5 and you can play smaller."

Hamostradamus
10-24-2013, 02:10 PM
"Jeronne can go to the 5..."

He's really more of a slasher.

MUBasketball
10-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Interesting comments by Blue Ribbon Yearbook re Maymon in its TN write-up:

Maymon also teams with Jarnell Stokes to give the Vols one of the more physical front lines in the country. .... "Now you add another true post in there with Jarnell," said TN assistant Kent Williams. "Jeronne will be able to play the 4 and 5; when Jarnell comes out, Jeronne can go to the 5 and you can play smaller."

When did you get your Blue Ribbon? Waiting anxiously for mine!

Nukem2
10-24-2013, 02:47 PM
When did you get your Blue Ribbon? Waiting anxiously for mine!
Believe it was Saturday.

Marquette
10-24-2013, 05:55 PM
From the first day I think we all had the same info on why McKay left. So why did Paint Touches feel the need to interview him?

TedBaxter
10-24-2013, 06:39 PM
“Buzz is a good dude and I respect him,” McKay said. “But I simply believe I can put myself in (a) better situation.”

Marquette
10-24-2013, 06:48 PM
I wasn't starting from day 1 and Buzz hurt my feelings so I quit.

Whaaaaaa! Whaaaaaa! Whaaaa! What a crybaby.

MUMac
10-24-2013, 07:20 PM
“Buzz is a good dude and I respect him,” McKay said. “But I simply believe I can put myself in (a) better situation.”

“(It was) just disagreements on things, is as simple as I can put it,” McKay told Paint Touches. “Playing out of position was a part of it. I wasn’t comfortable (in the role they had him in).”

How do you spell Team? There is no "I", but there definitely is a "m" and "e". For some, it depends upon the order of the letters, I guess.

pbiflyer
10-24-2013, 10:31 PM

And I believe that he is wrong.