PDA

View Full Version : Duane Wilson to Marquette

Gato78
03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
It is official. IWB tweet isn't working but it is official. Full report later.

MUMac
03-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Fantastic news. Welcome to the MU family Duane (well, beyond the family he already has on the team, that is).

JDubMU
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Congrats Duane and welcome to the family!

MU Viking
03-20-2012, 03:14 PM
We all knew it was coming, but it doesn't make this moment any less sweet. Can't wait to see Duane in blue and gold!

Goose85
03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Look forward to another year for Wilson at Dominican with Stone. Very good chance to repeat as state champs. Always good to have kids with the expectation of winning on the team.

Great job Buzz and staff.

ge1974
03-20-2012, 03:21 PM
This is a great addition to the MU family. Welcome Duane... and congrats to Buzz and the staff on getting another talented player.

Tmreddevil
03-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Outstanding.

Holy cow the talent level is accelerating at MU. I could not be happier with the current projection of our program right now.

Nukem2
03-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Welcome aboard, Duane.....;)

ydouask23
03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Can we compare him to a well known Big East guard today or from the past? What type of player are we expecting?

IWB
03-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I was talking to someone who said the best description would be Andrew Toney.

TedBaxter
03-20-2012, 06:42 PM
One of those players who could turn out to be an outstanding recruit as his career unfolds at Marquette and by that I mean he may be undervalued nationally and even in the state. A different point guard from anyone I can remember in recent MU history because he has some length to him as well as having good shooting range. A couple of his three's this weekend were from NBA range and that drive and dunk in the halfcourt offense was pretty damn impressive.

Markedman
03-20-2012, 07:11 PM
It's going to be really nice to have a point guard who can stretch the defense again.

He looks to have the potential to be a really good on ball defender as well.

I think he has the potential to be a bigger version of Dominic with a better jumper.

ge1974
03-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks to IWB for giving us the heads-up that a commitment was very possible this week.

Mark Miller
03-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Duane Wilson told me today he will again play for the Playground Elite this spring/summer.

Teammates include Luke Worthington of Homestead, Jerelle Deberry from Destiny, Robert Harris of Milwaukee Riverside, Jake Laihinen of Homestead, Trayvon Palmer of Brown Deer and Brandon Ramey of Menomonee Falls, among others.

The Playground Elite 17U squad will again play on the NIKE circuit.

Goose85
03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Nice to have Wilson in the MU family before the spring / summer AAU season. I think his stock will climb.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Now he needs to start talking to Diamond Stone... Get real tight with him.

Halo
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Congrats to Duane and MU! Some Badger fans take. The Badge10 popped his head out again to take shots at MU and thinks UW could get Stone.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=8829343

mufansince72
03-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Very excited about Duane! It will be very nice to have a multi-threat point guard who can hit the outside shot.

bleedbluegold03
03-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Taking it for what it's worth on one's supposed "inside" view on how Burton + Wilson + Looney + Stone may or may not be all related to one another:

Although, it's true that UW wasn't recruiting Duane Wilson, they are recruiting Diamond Stone who goes to the same school as Wilson. Marquette is the front runner for Stone and I can tell you with 100% certainty that Stone will not be wearing red and white. Whether he is in blue and gold is a different story but to say Duane's commitment to MU doesn't affect UW's recruiting is not true. Looney and Stone (UW recruits) are close with Wilson and Burton.

I promise you that this is my last post on this site, but I am a frequent reader. I'm close to the Dominican program and Diamond does like Madison and although MU is on top of his list I think it would be a stretch to say that MU would be able to land him either. I have a hunch that he goes out of state like one of you has said. I know nothing on Looney though other than he is another elite talent in Milwaukee that both MU and UW would love to have.

again FWIW

CaribouJim
03-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I was talking to someone who said the best description would be Andrew Toney.

Are you serious - Toney was a stud - if it wasn't for his chronic foot problems he'd be right up there with the greats. Ask Charles Barkley about him. I'll be happy with anyone who is in that neighborhood.