PDA

View Full Version : Why no advertising for the scrimmage Friday?

MUBasketball
10-23-2013, 12:42 PM
With the Big East Tipoff show on FS1 this Friday night, looks like 9 of the Big East schools are heavily promoting their hoops events that night...except Marquette. Is there a big push on campus?

I've gone to everyone since they started doing it, and it's always a real light crowd. I don't think they ever really intended for it to be well attended in the past, but I would figure with all the hoopla around the Big East tipoff, they would have been marketing it more strongly.

Thoughts?

Markedman
10-23-2013, 12:51 PM
The tipoff show is not live…at least that is my understanding of it. FS1 covered midnight madness events and put together a program around those but will not be at the scrimmage. on friday.

MUBasketball
10-23-2013, 01:20 PM
The tipoff show is not live…at least that is my understanding of it. FS1 covered midnight madness events and put together a program around those but will not be at the scrimmage. on friday.

Yeah I didn't know if they were doing live look-ins or what the plan was. I saw Buzz get interviewed by Fox during Madness so you're right, they'll probably just show footage of Madness.

Regardless, I do think they should market it more. Great opportunity to get up close and see the team before most of us head to our respective nose-bleeds once the season starts! :cool:

MU/Panther
10-23-2013, 06:54 PM
MU did have it on their twitter page.

MU/Panther
10-23-2013, 07:11 PM
The FS1 show will be live, just not all of it will be live footage.