PDA

View Full Version : Change in Outlook?

Nukem2
10-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Does McKay's departure affect MU's outlook this year? Certainly his rebounding would have been helpful. Probably what hurts is the loss of his defensive skills in terms of shot-blocking and putting pressure on the perimeter. Losing 3 starters on the perimeter and filling in with frosh could be problematic. Derrick/Todd/Juan, your defensive table has been set for you........

GOMU1104
10-21-2013, 09:50 AM
I honestly don't know if he was going to see a lot of time this year, barring injury of course.

Ahead of him up front were Otule, Gardner, Wilson, Anderson and a *healthy* Steve Taylor.

MUAlphaBangura
10-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Doesn't change my outlook for the team THIS season, unless there are significant injury issues. Next year different story. All we lose this year is 5 fouls.

MUMac
10-21-2013, 09:52 AM
I do not see the loss of McKay having any impact this year. Next year is a different story. Right now, I did not know where the minutes would come from. He would see them, but MU has plenty of depth and quality depth.

IWB
10-21-2013, 11:45 AM
I think the fact that McKay opted to leave should suggest that his departure will not change the outlook.

He didn't like the fact that they were playing him at the 5. Why? Probably because Chris and Davante are at the 5. They were both ahead of him. That leaves the 4 spot. Well, At the 4 spot you have Jamil, Juan and Steve Taylor. He would have been behind those three as well.

Yes, I liked what he brought to the team because he was SOOOO different. He really was, and I think he would have gotten minutes because of that fact. But, if he left because of his position/spot in the rotation, that should tell you right there that he will not be missed. Next year? Sure, big time, but not this year.

TheSultan
10-21-2013, 11:49 AM
The fact that McKay was slated behind Steve Taylor makes me very happy because that means ST is fully recovered and has progressed from his sophomore year.

CaribouJim
10-21-2013, 11:54 AM
He had redshirt written all over him and I mean that in a good way. Going against MU's frontcourt in practice for a year, not to mention getting some personal attention from Todd Smith for a year, would have given him 2 quality years left to flourish. Just does not make sense on so many levels. I agree, he was different - again, in a good way.

Nukem2
10-21-2013, 12:14 PM
I would still say that Jameel could have helped bring an unusual situational disruptive force on the defensive end. Might have made a difference in several games. But, not to be.

IWB
10-21-2013, 01:17 PM
I agree completely Nuke, just stating why I don't think it will be a setback.

warriorfan4life
10-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Definitely more of an issue for the following season, though I think that Buzz always has a couple of tricks up his sleeve. Thought McKay was an OKG, but that has clearly proven not to be the case.