PDA

View Full Version : OT - MUHS lacks class

mufansince72
10-18-2013, 11:24 PM
I want to start this out by saying that the MUHS football team is very good, and the QB has a very bright future because he is a hell of a player. What I witnessed tonight from them was about the least classiest thing I have seen in a football game since Terrel Owens did his thing on the star at midfield at Texas stadium.

To start things off they were late coming onto the field for the National Anthem by about two or three minutes. Then when they decided to take the field, rather than stand on their sideline like every other team in the world does, they stand on the goal line during the national anthem with their backs to the Menomonee Falls team. Then, the entire team ran out to the center of the field and jumped up and down on the Falls logo.

I would be embarrassed if I was a player, coach, administrator, parent, or anyone else associated with that program. They are too good to act like idiots.

GOMU1104
10-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Where was the flag located? It is proper to face the flag, whether it is hanging or being presented.

mufansince72
10-18-2013, 11:37 PM
They were facing the flag. I just thought the rest of the antics were pretty idiotic! They don't need to be douchebags, they have a shot to be state champions with that QB! I must have missed the part about being classless a-holes in the schools mission statement where they talk about respect and dignity.

IWB
10-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Shot to be state champions with that QB? All of their talent is underclassmen. I have seen many of their games this year, they are not that good, not that good at all.

Next - late coming on to the field for the national anthem - Why? Was there a scheduled time for the anthem? Were they told when to come out of the locker room? Did someone from the host school knock on the locker room door to give them a heads up? Many times the anthem won't start until both teams are out there. I have seen high school games on many occasions where the visiting team isn't out there. Teams do not all follow the same pre-game routine. I highly doubt that was intentional.

Jumping up and down on the Falls logo - ok, I'll give you that one, even though they have shared their field with many teams for ages so they have never had a "logo", so maybe it doesn't mean anything to them, but I'll still give you that one. But the other two sound like sour grapes big time.

mufansince72
10-19-2013, 12:15 AM
nah, I was bitching about that before the game started. I would bet you that Grief is the best QB in the state. Dude throws a great ball and is a running threat. There is this thing called a scoreboard with a clock on it. You leave the field after your pregame warmups. They didn't even go to the locker room, they were just standing outside on the practice field intentionally delaying the start.

GOMU1104
10-19-2013, 12:54 AM
A Marquette guy and a Falls guy....the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

mufansince72
10-19-2013, 12:58 AM
A Marquette guy and a Falls guy....the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Yeah, probably! I didn't think we would win as their strength (passing) if our weakness (pass defense). I just thought they were a little bush league tonight!

Goose85
10-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Muhs has done that for years. They line up in the end zone for the anthem and then run to the middle of the field after the anthem. If Falls has a logo at midfield then they and BC would be the only ones. It is a team fire up thing , and no intent to go on anyone's logo, just run toward midfield get in a big circle. No disrespect intended mufansince72, just a tradition the players do away from the coaches.

Gato78
10-19-2013, 08:38 AM
I will stand up for their coach, Jeff Mazurczak. All class. Nothing bush league about him. Either it was all unintentional or Maz did not know about it. Maz is about as fine a guy as you will find with great respect for athletic tradition.

Goose85
10-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Grief does have a great arm and throws really well on the run. Skill position guys are juniors and a soph.

Goose85
10-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Sometimes for road games they will go to the 40, but at this point in the season they probably have brought up 10 or so sophs so if they intend to go on 40 with the numbers it will extend well into midfield. Like Gato said, Maz is a really good guy.

MUMac
10-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Many schools line up in the endzone or 20 yard line for the anthem. Typically they do run towards the 40, form a circle while jumping and yelling. '72, you sure the result of the game did not add to the frustration? :p

bleedbluegold03
10-19-2013, 08:58 AM
don't need to search the score because this thread already answers the question.

sour. grapes.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
10-19-2013, 09:04 AM
I went to the Falls... I could not care any less about them jumping up and down at midfield, I wasn't at the game, or for that matter any games this year, but with that being said I'm not certain that logo has much meaning or tradition behind it anyhow. Atleast not with the people I know, and I still live in the community and have friends and family that attend or attended the falls. This is a complete non-issue.

mufansince72
10-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Many schools line up in the endzone or 20 yard line for the anthem. Typically they do run towards the 40, form a circle while jumping and yelling. '72, you sure the result of the game did not add to the frustration? :p

Like I said, I didn't expect to win, and I was frustrated when it happenned. I have never seen a team do that on a visitors field. The home team usually runs out and jumps up and down on the field, not the visitor. Bush League all the way. If that was a baseball game, the first batter would have been drilled! Go jump up and down on your sideline like all the visiting teams do.

TheSultan
10-19-2013, 11:54 AM
People will find all sorts of reasons to be offended I guess.

mufansince72
10-19-2013, 12:07 PM
I threw it out there, as I know many of you are MUHS alum, and wanted to see your reaction! If Falls did that on a visitors field, I would be having a conversation with the head coach. I guess it's all ok though! I thought the mission of MUHS included stuff like respect and dignity. I thought that is one of the reasons people pay the outlandish fees to send their kids to school there. I guess I was wrong. Carry on!

TheSultan
10-19-2013, 12:15 PM
I threw it out there, as I know many of you are MUHS alum, and wanted to see your reaction! If Falls did that on a visitors field, I would be having a conversation with the head coach. I guess it's all ok though! I thought the mission of MUHS included stuff like respect and dignity. I thought that is one of the reasons people pay the outlandish fees to send their kids to school there. I guess I was wrong. Carry on!

Stop.

You didn't "throw it out there....to see (our) reaction." In your original post you said they lacked class and you would be embarrassed to be associated with their program. Even in the post above you imply they lack respect and dignity. You put it out there to make accusations.

So here is my reaction since you want it. I have no allegiances to either school, but the way you describe what happened doesn't sound like that big of a deal. You sound like you are easily offended.

pbiflyer
10-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Did you tell them to get off your lawn? :p

KalkBird
10-19-2013, 10:41 PM
These boys need a severe disciplinary judgment. How dare they behave in this way!

eddiedswang
10-21-2013, 01:33 PM
MUHS needs to make their run this year......they have a huge line on both sides of the ball....the Soph RB gets hurt every year....they lose all but one of the linemen next year.....their JV was 3-6 with little skill or line help.....only a few kids are players....

Greif and the wide outs are sensational. They have an easy bracket until they reach Franklin (at Franklin)....if they get by that, then there is Sun Prarie waiting.....can be done!!!!!

Next year Greif will be running for his life. He is good enough to make it work however. But it is nice having BIG guys blocking for you...he will earn his stripes next year, but that doesn't mean they might not be pretty good again.

MUMac
10-21-2013, 05:10 PM
I did get a chuckle that the Soph RB gets hurt every year.

I do not believe Sun Prarie will be waiting. Just my opinion. They did not run away with the Big 8 (some very close games against average teams). The Big 8 does not play any non-conference games, so it is hard to judge the league, but from what I have seen, they have flaws.

eddiedswang
10-22-2013, 09:50 AM
The kid is a good back......in Jr Hilltopper program and hurt every year since 7th grade....missed significant parts of each season 7th, 8th and even Frosh with a variety of injuries.....next time you want to make a dumb comment, ask permission :p

I did get a chuckle that the Soph RB gets hurt every year.

I do not believe Sun Prarie will be waiting. Just my opinion. They did not run away with the Big 8 (some very close games against average teams). The Big 8 does not play any non-conference games, so it is hard to judge the league, but from what I have seen, they have flaws.