PDA

View Full Version : Jameel McKay to leave MU

IWB
10-17-2013, 12:00 PM
As discussed on the premium board, Juco transfer and Milwaukee native Jameel McKay is leaving Marquette before ever playing in a game. Not sure what his reasons are, but I had heard it was mainly due to not being happy with playing the 5 spot.

Best of luck to Jameel wherever he goes.

Despite immediate internet rumors, this is not due to grades, it was his decision and the MU staff tried to talk him out of it, but were not successful.

Nukem2
10-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Jameel will have 1 and 1/2 years left of eligibility...? 2 at Juco and he won't be eligible until Dec, 2014 leaving 1 and 1/2 years out of 5. A real head scratcher.

Goose85
10-17-2013, 12:47 PM
He should have red shirted at MU. Spent the time getting coached up and building strength (he doesn't have the body type to ever get real big). Then would have two years to show what he can do with all the playing time he could ask for and see what type of pro ball he could play.

Transferring this late he better find a good spot because this is his last move. No matter where he goes, he is a 4/5. Can't imagine him at anything other than that.

bleedbluegold03
10-17-2013, 12:49 PM
wow, that's a real ball buster....literally "NO"d out loud in my office...

Nukem2
10-17-2013, 12:54 PM
IWB, will Jameel be able to use athletic department facilities or will he have to work out on his own at the rec center, etc....?

IWB
10-17-2013, 12:56 PM
It all depends on the kid and the reason. If it is a hardship reason, they typically let the kid use the facilities. If it is an unusual reason (like this) they may not. All up to Buzz.

Nukem2
10-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Well, that was fast...Jameel has already been deleted from the MU roster at gomarquette.com

Goose85
10-17-2013, 01:16 PM
I would think the McKay would have some idea of where he is going, or this is a dangerous career move. Any thoughts on where he might land? I would think UWM or UWGB would be options. I'm sure Jeter would make room for him.

Goose85
10-17-2013, 02:24 PM
McKay's leaving is on CBSsports. com

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24097254/jc-transfer-jameel-mckay-leaves-marquette-before-playing-a-game

Nukem2
10-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Guess MU will need to reshoot its team photo now...

Gato78
10-17-2013, 02:30 PM
McKay has a lot of Trend Blackledge in him. Trend is an MU team legend because of his personality but his production was not great. Great athlete with a thin frame who had trouble using his quickness and hops at the D1 level. Again, Trend is a MU team legend and someone who I respect one helluva lot more than McKay.

Goose85
10-17-2013, 02:42 PM
McKay has a lot of Trend Blackledge in him. Trend is an MU team legend because of his personality but his production was not great. Great athlete with a thin frame who had trouble using his quickness and hops at the D1 level. Again, Trend is a MU team legend and someone who I respect one helluva lot more than McKay.

Trend has been making a living playing ball in Japan.

TrevorCandelino
10-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Much love for "Big Skinny!"

Gato78
10-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Is Trend playing hoop or on the comedy club circuit?

Nukem2
10-17-2013, 03:50 PM
How did MKay look at the Madness scrimmage...? Did see he had zero rebounds.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
10-17-2013, 04:44 PM
From what I saw of McKay you could see the potential but you could also see he needed more time and experience. He definitely needed some weight and muscle added also, I think if he would have been here from his freshman year on he would have been a stud, however in two years it will really depend how fast he could learn

Gato78
10-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Seeing McKay at Madness sealed it for me that he was not going to get PT this year. I was not impressed at the ProAm but I only saw him one time. He looked lost at Madness and did not seem to be the caliber of player I was expecting. Of course, that could be attributable to his brain messing with his game.

warriorfan4life
10-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Seeing McKay at Madness sealed it for me that he was not going to get PT this year. I was not impressed at the ProAm but I only saw him one time. He looked lost at Madness and did not seem to be the caliber of player I was expecting. Of course, that could be attributable to his brain messing with his game.

I'll say that I was surprised that McKay was not part of the first ten guys on the floor. I understand better now. Oh well, got to be 100 percent in to make it here. We will win with or without him.