PDA

View Full Version : Big East Preview CBS Sports

TedBaxter
10-04-2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24000497/college-basketball-conference-previews-big-east

Phantom Warrior
10-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Interesting that they pick Duane Wilson as Newcomer of the Year. My guess is Jordan at St. John's, but I think DW will be in the running.

Also Buzz as CoY.

Bottom line, no one is under-estimating us this year; if anything, they are over-estimating.

Nukem2
10-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Interesting that they pick Duane Wilson as Newcomer of the Year. My guess is Jordan at St. John's, but I think DW will be in the running.

Also Buzz as CoY.

Bottom line, no one is under-estimating us this year; if anything, they are over-estimating.

Will be interesting as to how Buzz approaches this season. In the past, he has used the "underdog / us-against-the-world" mentality as well as using the "how bad we are" shtick. Don't think that will fly this year...?

Goose85
10-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I like the fact that we are getting the preseason pub for a change.

A lot of lineup options which should allow us to match up well against anyone in the league.

For all of the publicity Bulter has received coming off their Final fours, it doesn't look like Stephens was able to parlay that into recruiting success. They are picked close to the bottom by almost everyone.

If St. John's figures out how to score, they could be the team that takes the biggest step up this year.