PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown's Whittington ahead of schedule

Goose85
10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Not big news, but could impact the latter part of the conference season. Sounds like Georgetown's Whittington is ahead of schedule on his rehab.

Tough decision may be ahead for Thompson / Whittington. If he is healthy down the stretch and gives you a better chance to win, do you play him at the end of the year giving him just one year left, or would you rather have him for the following two years?

I remember Junior coming back late in the season from an ACL injury. Had he redshirted we would have him at point again this year.

I think Adrian Peterson changed the expectation for returning fom serious knee injuries.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9758055/no-table-return-greg-whittington-georgetown-hoyas

MUMac
10-02-2013, 11:09 AM
The difference between Juior and Whittingham, though, is that Junior was a Frosh who had little knowledge of College BBall, MU's system or time with MU's players. Whittingham has that advantage. He will not have to learn on the fly while being concerned about the injury.

CaribouJim
10-02-2013, 12:04 PM
I think the Chicago Tribune said the opposite yesterday - that he was shelved for the year.

G-Town grad Otto Porter is shelved for a bit too - hip flexor (sp?).