PDA

View Full Version : More BIG EAST projections

MU Viking
09-24-2013, 09:20 AM
The site that ranks the top 144 teams came out with St. John's and Butler projections (6th and 5th in the conference, respectively). Interestingly, they have both as basically bubble teams looking from the outside, meaning they project only 4 BE teams in the NCAA Tournament (Villanova, Creighton, Georgetown and Marquette are yet to be previewed). I think they are off ranking Butler this high, and I hope they are off on only including 4 Tournament teams.

#50 St Johns: http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/7367

#49 Butler: http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/7368

Gato78
09-24-2013, 09:26 AM
I think St. John's is vastly underrated. I think they will challenge for BIG EAST title this year which should mean a decent NCAA seed--they are not a bubble team.

Nukem2
09-24-2013, 09:51 AM
I think St. John's is vastly underrated. I think they will challenge for BIG EAST title this year which should mean a decent NCAA seed--they are not a bubble team.Agree. SJU is probably the most physically talented team in the BE and they have experience now as well. Also bring back God' gift and have Orlando Sanchez coming in on the front line along with a very talented frosh guard. Lavin also made a good hire recently in Jim Whitesell who can handle the Xs and Os for Lavin ( who is not great in that area as he is more of a recruiter ).

MU Viking
09-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Agree with both of you. I'd put St. John's safely in the Tournament along with four others (MU, GT, CU, Nova).

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
09-24-2013, 10:43 AM
I think Providence could surprise some people and make the Dance this year. LaDontae Henton is a monster as an undersized 4 or power 3, Batts can play 4/5, and the Dunn/Cotton foundation in the backcourt could be outstanding, maybe even the best 1-2 punch in the league. Add in Carson Desrosiers being eligible, a top-100 SF in Brandon Austin, and 3 returning bench guys that played significant minutes and you have a very strong foundation.