PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get hijacked to an Ad site?

WarriorOMalley82
09-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Today every time I tried to get into the site it would pop up but then immediately hijack to another site. It was very frustrating I need my MU fix. I was wondering if it was me or the site? I tried on my IPad phone and computer, so I think it was something here. I am just asking so Jim can fix if need be.

MU_Iceman
09-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Today every time I tried to get into the site it would pop up but then immediately hijack to another site. It was very frustrating I need my MU fix. I was wondering if it was me or the site? I tried on my IPad phone and computer, so I think it was something here. I am just asking so Jim can fix if need be.

Yes! Same thing happened to me. It started last night for me. It took me to a Texas lemon law page, and the URL was clearly a virus on the site of some sort.

milkbone
09-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes, it seems fixed now.

Nukem2
09-18-2013, 06:50 PM
IWB did say the site was hacked in an email. I kept getting a blurb on the Texas Lemon Law.

Markedman
09-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Finally fixed....I was going through withdrawal symptoms....:D

TheSultan
09-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes, I think it was embedded in the graphics. If you notice there is no banner nor access to your inbox from this page.

Gato78
09-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Frickin' Badger fans.

unclejohn
09-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Me too. And I couldn't seem to email IWB about it. Glad it's fixed.

IrwinFletcher
09-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Was worried at first that the Texas Lemon Law had something to do with Rick Barnes. Imagine my relief when I realized everyone else was having the same problem.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
09-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Glad to be back, I was stressing.

MUMac
09-18-2013, 07:51 PM
At first I thought Buzz took a chance on a really bad Texas recruit and we were being forewarned with the link to the Texas Lemon Law. After awhile, I realized the site was hacked. It started last night around 7:30/8:00. Glad it has been fixed.

ziggysfryboy
09-18-2013, 08:00 PM
I thought that was the ban hammer for old ZFB. Glad it's fixed.

<scratches IWB off of the list. Puts on lipstick>

CaribouJim
09-18-2013, 08:04 PM
I was thinking it was a dramatic way for IWB to greet us with a new signing upon the return of the site. No such luck.

IWB
09-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Sorry guys - We had been hacked. Well, not just us, but several websites that use vBulletin. This happened two weeks ago in the middle of the night. That time it was the Syrian Army with photos of their army in action and their athem playing. It was annoying, but I was able to trouble shoot the issue last time and fix it. This time it was beyond my capability so I had to call in IT support.

I was going to send out a mass e-mail through the system, but since it had been compromised, I thought I would stay away from the e-mail side.

Sorry guys, thanks for your patience!

TulsaWarrior
09-18-2013, 08:28 PM
So let me see if I have this straight -- the Syrian Army with the assistance of someone named Swenson on the Badger Board hacked Brew City Ball?

Mark Miller
09-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Glad to be back. Lots of stuff happening today. Moving parts with Hill/Shayok/Cassell not to mention the many bigs MU is involved with.

MayorBeluga
09-18-2013, 09:02 PM
So let me see if I have this straight -- the Syrian Army with the assistance of someone named Swenson on the Badger Board hacked Brew City Ball?

You left out how Putin and BB Fran conspired to try and prevent Marquette from landing a big man. Otherwise, spot on.

Phantom Warrior
09-18-2013, 09:56 PM
It was definitely frustrating. At first I thought my computer had a virus, but I tried another computer, and the same result. Glad it's fixed. I thought it was probably the work of MUPoop, but I could be wrong.

So, Mark, care to elaborate on the various "moving parts"?