PDA

View Full Version : After a strong start FS1 is dropping back to earth

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
09-17-2013, 05:07 PM
http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/august/fox-sports-1-s-ratings-are-falling-behind.html

That this article was interesting, hopefully once they get basketball season going they can pick up a few more viewers.

TheSultan
09-17-2013, 06:58 PM
And maybe completely re-image Fox Sports Live.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
09-17-2013, 07:38 PM
I personally can't stand Fox Sports Live, it seemed others on the board enjoyed it more than I did though. It would seem the rest of the country has a similar take though.

MUBasketball
09-17-2013, 08:14 PM
I personally can't stand Fox Sports Live, it seemed others on the board enjoyed it more than I did though. It would seem the rest of the country has a similar take though.
Why? The hosts? Layout?

mufan2003
09-17-2013, 11:10 PM
I think they need to pull back on the "discussion panel." Stick more to highlights and find ways to do it better, more creatively or more informative than ESPN.

It is like mixing "SportsCenter" with the "Best Damn Sports Show."

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
09-18-2013, 07:50 PM
The hosts for me, their jokes are cheesy and it comes off as very fake to me... I honestly really like sportscenter, I jus don't like the ESPN Agenda... I think Fox is trying to be too different.

MUMac
09-18-2013, 07:53 PM
The hosts for me, their jokes are cheesy and it comes off as very fake to me... I honestly really like sportscenter, I jus don't like the ESPN Agenda... I think Fox is trying to be too different.

Unfortunately, I felt the exact same early on and haven't been back. I was told by some on this board that I was not the demographic they were trying to attract. Maybe they would have been better off attracting my demographic as it has not worked well with the demographic they were apparently trying to attract.

CaribouJim
09-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Are they going to cover Midnight Madness for the Big East to kick things off for the season I wonder and/or have some sort of preseason special? Have they named a college b-ball studio team yet? Are they going to have a nightly college b-ball recap show? Are they going to have an on game site studio team similar to what ESPN has? If so, I would assume MU would be destination at least once.

So many questions.

Mucrisco
09-19-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm a fan of Fox Sports Live and The Crowd Goes Wild. I don't like Sportscenter and refuse to watch it.

MUMac
09-19-2013, 08:29 PM
I don't like Sportscenter and refuse to watch it.

This part, I wholeheartedly agree.

MU/Panther
09-19-2013, 09:49 PM
The college football pre game show from 9 to 11 is great! I love how the network uses point spreads for all games.