PDA

View Full Version : Buzz mention on Jay Mohr show

jpvegas52
09-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Jay Mohr had some bronchitis today and sounded hoarse. He kept saying he was sounding like Buzz Williams and they played parts of Buzz news conferences after NCAA games.

I know he has been on his show a bit, but does anyone know of the relationship between Buzz and Jay.

IrwinFletcher
09-12-2013, 09:01 PM
They are buds.

MUBasketball
09-12-2013, 09:48 PM
I listen to the Jay Mohr Show basically every day. He plays Buzz sound drops everyday. Buzz & MU get a lot of pub on his show.

In fact, Jay was supposed to have a stand-up comedy show in Milwaukee a few weeks back (it was ultimately cancelled) and Buzz was going to be his opening act. Seriously. I had tickets I was fired up about it!

IWB
09-13-2013, 07:08 AM
They are 'recent buds' - 6 months anyway.

Came about after last year's Final Four. All of the coaches hang out at the Final Four. Some coaches were telling Buzz he needed to be on the Jay Mohr show. Buzz had no idea who Mohr was, so he did what Buzz Williams would do. He tracked down Mohr's number and called the show. I just happened to be listening that day and heard the first call. Buzz was hilarious and Mohr was absolutely loving it. Buzz has been on a few times since, and Mohr has become a huge fan of Buzz.

The Reptile
09-13-2013, 07:22 AM
All true. Part of the deal where Buzz agrees to be his opening act called for Mohr to attend our games out West (LA and Vegas). We should get some great publicity out of that.

pbiflyer
09-13-2013, 07:50 AM
They are 'recent buds' - 6 months anyway.

Came about after last year's Final Four. All of the coaches hang out at the Final Four. Some coaches were telling Buzz he needed to be on the Jay Mohr show. Buzz had no idea who Mohr was, so he did what Buzz Williams would do. He tracked down Mohr's number and called the show. I just happened to be listening that day and heard the first call. Buzz was hilarious and Mohr was absolutely loving it. Buzz has been on a few times since, and Mohr has become a huge fan of Buzz.

I hope Marquette realizes the positive publicity that they get out of things like this from their head basketball coach!

Halo
09-13-2013, 09:00 AM
I hope Marquette realizes the positive publicity that they get out of things like this from their head basketball coach!

yes, let's hope the administration is listening.

ge1974
09-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Curious. Why did Jay Mohr cancel his Milwaukee visit?

warriorfan4life
09-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Curious. Why did Jay Mohr cancel his Milwaukee visit?

Poor ticket sales, as Mohr did not want to perform in a half full building.

TheSultan
09-13-2013, 12:26 PM
yes, let's hope the administration is listening.

Is Jay Mohr even on in Milwaukee?

farmerdoc
09-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Poor ticket sales, as Mohr did not want to perform in a half full building.

I do not remember ever hearing about this. Was it even advertised?

DowntownSweeney
09-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Is Jay Mohr even on in Milwaukee?

Yes on am920 from 11-1pm.

warriorfan4life
09-13-2013, 01:16 PM
I do not remember ever hearing about this. Was it even advertised?

Mohr mentioned it on Steve Austin's podcast, as both his planned Milwaukee and Detroit shows drew poorly and he subsequently cancelled them.

TheSultan
09-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes on am920 from 11-1pm.

Huh. I have never heard of that station before. So Milwaukee has three sports stations? 540, 920 and 1250?

mutpm
09-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Huh. I have never heard of that station before. So Milwaukee has three sports stations? 540, 920 and 1250?

It changed from country at the beginning of the year. It's a lot of programming out of Madison with Dan Patrick and Jay Mohr during the day.

http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles/TheBig920WOKY.html

IWB
09-14-2013, 08:58 AM
When that station changed, they put all of their eggs in the UW basket. They brand themselves as THE BIG (as in the Big 10). They have the Mike Heller Show, the UW hockey show, the Matt LePay show, Mike Lucas....etc etc. No problem, as they saw a niche in Milwaukee because all the other two do is talk Packers & Brewers.

Well.....they also brand themselves as Fox Sports Radio. And who is Fox Sports' newest bestest buddy? Yep - the Big East. I would be willing to bet that is exactly why 540 ESPN in Milwaukee extended their deal with MU before the Fox Sports contract came into effect.