PDA

View Full Version : OSU Part 3

Hamostradamus
09-12-2013, 09:20 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130912/oklahoma-state-part-3-drugs/?sct=hp_t1t_a1&eref=sihp

Goose85
09-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Are you kidding me, college students were smoking weed? That doesn't happen anywhere else, does it?

Not much of an installment in my opinion. Heck, Donald Driver sold drugs in college and we all hail him as a hero and role model.

Not saying I think it is ok for players or students to smoke pot, but this is not any kind of bombshell report.

IWB
09-12-2013, 09:43 AM
So.... the whole story today is about guys on the team smoking weed 12 years ago? More "I didn't, but I saw it".

Well, guess what. When I was in college I saw a lot of people doing things. But I didn't. Go ahead and quote me for a story.

Sorry, not saying there isn't crap going on at OSU, but really? They are being dragged through the mud because some football players were smoking weed? How many guys are on OSU's team, 120? Go to any college campus and survey 120 students. Non-athletes. Your responses will likely be worse than these.

What's funny, is if you do some searches on this writer, you will find a lot of crap between him and OSU fans from years ago. He wrote some stories about OSU being choke artists after they lost to two top 10 teams in one week, and OSU fans hammer him. Even write a blog about him having herpes etc etc - stating, "Its on the internet, it must be true!" So..... you think this guy had a bone to pick with OSU?

TheSultan
09-12-2013, 09:54 AM
So.... the whole story today is about guys on the team smoking weed 12 years ago? More "I didn't, but I saw it".

Well, guess what. When I was in college I saw a lot of people doing things. But I didn't. Go ahead and quote me for a story.

Sorry, not saying there isn't crap going on at OSU, but really? They are being dragged through the mud because some football players were smoking weed? How many guys are on OSU's team, 120? Go to any college campus and survey 120 students. Non-athletes. Your responses will likely be worse than these.

What's funny, is if you do some searches on this writer, you will find a lot of crap between him and OSU fans from years ago. He wrote some stories about OSU being choke artists after they lost to two top 10 teams in one week, and OSU fans hammer him. Even write a blog about him having herpes etc etc - stating, "Its on the internet, it must be true!" So..... you think this guy had a bone to pick with OSU?

Jason Whitlock pretty much said the same thing about the validity of the writer.

http://deadspin.com/espns-jason-whitlock-slams-author-of-sis-oklahoma-sta-1286553605

And then of course Deadspin said this: "So: Money from boosters, tutors who will do your schoolwork, hostess sex, cheap, plentiful drugs, and an administration that will make sure you don't get in trouble even if you test positive? Are we sure this whole series isn't an advertorial paid for by T. Boone?"

DCwarrior
09-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Without a doubt - SI, ESPN, Yahoo or any other newspaper/magazine could write an almost identical story about virtually every BCS football program. They could probably find much juicier stories if they probed the SEC schools.

Goose85
09-12-2013, 03:52 PM
What's next, a story about under age student athletes in a bar. Oh wait, Don Walker already covered that for MU but didn't do the same for UWM or Wisconsin.