PDA

View Full Version : SI Report on Oklahoma State Football - Ugly

CaribouJim
09-10-2013, 08:43 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130910/oklahoma-state-part-1-money/?sct=hp_t1t_a1&eref=sihp

I wonder if this will approach the Death Penalty phase.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
09-10-2013, 09:13 AM
If all five parts are as bad as part one that came out today this might get ugly. That said the NCAA may not go death penalty because they don't want to piss any of the BCS schools off... The school for the blind and deaf in north western Oklahoma should look out though, I'm sure the NCAA will drop the hammer on them.

MUMac
09-10-2013, 09:18 AM
The AD for OSU apolotized to the other Big 12 Universities about what was coming out and how OSU behaved. He said it will be ugly and embarrassing. Looks like he is right.

I can't believe OSU is the ony program like this. I suspect other universities are dirty, as well. It would be nice to see the underbelly of dirty college sports exposed for once, especially with the BCS schools.

Goose85
09-10-2013, 09:26 AM
With how long it is taking the NCAA to finish up Miami's investigation, I'm guessing OK State will be ok for a few years. Then the Big 12 may want to add Cincy to if they still want to have 10 football playing members.

How does this affect Miles at LSU? Gundy at OSU?

CaribouJim
09-10-2013, 09:32 AM
With how long it is taking the NCAA to finish up Miami's investigation, I'm guessing OK State will be ok for a few years. Then the Big 12 may want to add Cincy to if they still want to have 10 football playing members.

How does this affect Miles at LSU? Gundy at OSU?

That was one of the first things I was thinking of. Gundy is a turd - his "I'm a man" when "defending" his QB was contrived. There is no way on earth that both Miles and Gundy were not aware of the post game cash payments etc.

Goose85
09-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Thus far Gundy's comments were not of denial, more of our administration will look into this and find ways we can be better.

If I were accused of allowing payments to players and was not guilty I'd be yelling from the biggest soap box I could find.

Not good for OSU, and this is just part one of five.

Look out if TMZ or the like ever decide it is worth money to investigate such things.
Problem is outlets like ESPN will never do it because they are heavily invested in these football programs.

ge1974
09-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I wonder how T-Bone Pickens fels after pumping so much money into the school.

Goose85
09-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Intersting take from a few former players on the OK State board.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181&f=2336&t=11912501&p=1

Hamostradamus
09-10-2013, 09:49 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181&f=2336&t=11918700

OSU Faithful are circling the wagons. Something tells me not a single former player or coach will file a lawsuit over these scurrilous and defamatory allegations.

Goo - Beat me by a minute, you knob.

MayorBeluga
09-10-2013, 09:56 AM
If I were accused of allowing payments to players and was not guilty I'd be yelling from the biggest soap box I could find.

After Ryan Braun, the general public is not going to believe most denials of wrongdoing.

ValiantSailor
09-10-2013, 12:25 PM
After Ryan Braun, the general public is not going to believe most denials of wrongdoing.

Or Lance Armstrong....

VS

CaribouJim
09-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Thus far Gundy's comments were not of denial, more of our administration will look into this and find ways we can be better.

Not good for OSU, and this is just part one of five.

Look out if TMZ or the like ever decide it is worth money to investigate such things.
Problem is outlets like ESPN will never do it because they are heavily invested in these football programs.

...and ESPN is basically in the process of burying one of their best shows - Outside the Lines - giving it crappy times etc.

DCwarrior
09-10-2013, 02:56 PM
These "former players" would be a little more believable if they included their names instead of being anonymous. For all anyone knows, those two posters could have been 70 year-old grandmas who just love OSU football.

IWB
09-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Don't know, the one guy has 1,000+ posts, so I assume people know who he is.

Goose85
09-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Where there is smoke there is usually fire with these kind of things.

Problem could be credibility here, as it appears most of those interviewed / spoke to SI were guys kicked out of school, kicked off the team, etc.

Like in the Lance Thomas case with Duke, if the other players these guys called out don't want to talk, they don't have to do so.
If the boosters they called out don't want to talk, they don't have to do so.

The only ones who have to talk to the NCAA are those guys still coaching in college football, and I'd bet they have all been on the phone getting their stories straight.

It will be interesting to read the rest of the series, but SI accomplished mission #1. They have created a lot of interest in looking at their site.