PDA

View Full Version : Best MUBB Intro of All Time

bleedbluegold03
09-07-2013, 07:14 PM
The five year anniversary of the greatest Marquette intro video of all time. What would it take to make this a yearly deal?

The institution is definitely no adversary to tradition, can any one argue this video would be fantastic year after year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NXHrc080-E

AlexJesswein
09-07-2013, 07:16 PM
+1

I'd also be a fan of moving on from "where the streets have no name" to something more modern (Hip-hop).

CaribouJim
09-07-2013, 07:36 PM
...and C.O. part of it way back then.

ValiantSailor
09-07-2013, 08:31 PM
The five year anniversary of the greatest Marquette intro video of all time. What would it take to make this a yearly deal?

The institution is definitely no adversary to tradition, can any one argue this video would be fantastic year after year?

Great video. The next great video must feature today's players with their own message. That could be even better!

VS

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
09-07-2013, 08:37 PM
LOL...I thought this was going to be a poll and I was going to just respond "Pray". I see you covered that already.

MayorBeluga
09-08-2013, 08:39 AM
+1

I'd also be a fan of moving on from "where the streets have no name" to something more modern (Hip-hop).

Oh dear Lord no. That would be worse than the remix of Where the Streets Have No Name from a year or two ago. He'll, Hizzoner would rather let Caribou choose show tunes for an intro than descend into the noise that is hip hop.

Gato78
09-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Caribou choosing show tunes is not a option.

CaribouJim
09-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Caribou choosing show tunes is not a option.

You're right. Now Caribou singing show tunes is another thing.

2013UnleashTheBeast
09-09-2013, 09:17 AM
You're right. Now Caribou singing show tunes is another thing.

You think your Li'l Monarchs career was spectacular enough to talk in the third person, huh?

MayorBeluga
09-09-2013, 09:43 AM
You think your Li'l Monarchs career was spectacular enough to talk in the third person, huh?

Technically, it's not the third person, it's the third arctic herd animal.

Goose85
09-09-2013, 10:15 AM
It may not have been an official intro like they have now, but my favorite "intro" to a game was back in the Arena when at the end of the national anthem someone in the corner would yell "Give em hell Al".

Not sure what other fans who recall the Al days would think, but I wouldn't mind if the student section would bring that back and after the introductions, yell "Give em hell Buzz". Followed by the band playing some of Caribou's show tune favorites of course.

IWB
09-09-2013, 01:59 PM
That was awesome Goo, and I too have thought someone would brink that back, but Al was Al. He danced on scorer's tables, fought with the NCAA and rode motorcycles inside hotel atriums. He actually gave 'em hell.

Nukem2
09-09-2013, 02:03 PM
We yelled that from Section 220 at the Arena in those days...! The tradition continued with Hank, who kind of stopped it after a while. Another great memory...! :D

CaribouJim
09-09-2013, 02:14 PM
It may not have been an official intro like they have now, but my favorite "intro" to a game was back in the Arena when at the end of the national anthem someone in the corner would yell "Give em hell Al".

Not sure what other fans who recall the Al days would think, but I wouldn't mind if the student section would bring that back and after the introductions, yell "Give em hell Buzz". Followed by the band playing some of Caribou's show tune favorites of course.

I was a frosh Al's last year, but do remember clearly the "Give him hell" yell.

The show tunes suggestion with the band is right on.

Goose85
09-09-2013, 02:21 PM
I'd love to see the student section bring the "Give em hell Buzz" out this year. How cool would it be if by the time the conference season started most of the crowd would join in one loud "Give em hell Buzz" intro.

MUMac
09-09-2013, 07:01 PM
We yelled that from Section 220 at the Arena in those days...! The tradition continued with Hank, who kind of stopped it after a while. Another great memory...! :D

Give 'em heck Hank, never really took off.

Hank's first year as HC, MU played at ND (who, under Hanzlick came back to beat MU - ugh). NBC had that game as the national game that year. The night before was the ND pep rally. A bunch of MU fans were there - I recall one sitting on the basket. On the stage, the MC introduced the guest speaker as an Irishman from Brooklyn, NY. I yelled "Give 'em hell Al!". The MC looked a little perplexed and introduced Al McGuire. The ND fans booed as the MU fans chanted "Give 'em hell Al!". During his talk, he predicted a ND victory. The ND fans cheered and the MU fans started chanting "Give 'em heck Hank!".

That was the last great MU team for quite awhile (were No. 1 in the polls at one time). Unfortunately, it ended abruptly when Peter Pavia blew the call against Miami of Ohio and threw Whitehead out of the game (yes, I was at that game as well - ugh).

BLT
09-09-2013, 07:18 PM
I have yelled "give 'em hell, Buzz" at games and parents give me a dirty look. :D

My favorite was when Bo was busted with a nickel bag of dope in his car during a traffic...and Al gave him the mic before the the game to go to center court and apologize to the university, city of Milwaukee and team for embarrassing and letting them down. Many men were made that night and not just the kid with the mic. No way that lesson would be allowed to be taught in today's PC world.

AlexJesswein
09-09-2013, 08:03 PM
I was thinking a song like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shDNaFhPiJY

CaribouJim
09-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Give 'em heck Hank, never really took off.

Hank's first year as HC, MU played at ND (who, under Hanzlick came back to beat MU - ugh). NBC had that game as the national game that year. The night before was the ND pep rally. A bunch of MU fans were there - I recall one sitting on the basket. On the stage, the MC introduced the guest speaker as an Irishman from Brooklyn, NY. I yelled "Give 'em hell Al!". The MC looked a little perplexed and introduced Al McGuire. The ND fans booed as the MU fans chanted "Give 'em hell Al!". During his talk, he predicted a ND victory. The ND fans cheered and the MU fans started chanting "Give 'em heck Hank!".

That was the last great MU team for quite awhile (were No. 1 in the polls at one time). Unfortunately, it ended abruptly when Peter Pavia blew the call against Miami of Ohio and threw Whitehead out of the game (yes, I was at that game as well - ugh).

39-25 at half and they were talking about MU being a legitimate contender to repeat and then lose 40-20 in the 2nd half. I learned to hate Kelly "Horseface" Tripuka even more after that game.

That Miami game was a killer - would have loved to have seen another MU/Kentucky game although something was missing with that '78 MU team.

MUMac
09-09-2013, 08:32 PM
39-25 at half and they were talking about MU being a legitimate contender to repeat and then lose 40-20 in the 2nd half. I learned to hate Kelly "Horseface" Tripuka even more after that game.

That Miami game was a killer - would have loved to have seen another MU/Kentucky game although something was missing with that '78 MU team.

Yep, and his name was Al.