PDA

View Full Version : OT-Maymon Video

TheSultan
09-03-2013, 07:12 PM
From the UT Athletics site. I think this is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w41EsD_Q3Q&feature=youtu.be

(Pakuni at Scoop posted this.)

dubs98
09-03-2013, 07:38 PM
that was awesome. good luck to the young man. would have loved to see him at mu. he is a beast. thanks for sharing

IWB
09-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Uncle Tim texted it to me yesterday morning. Pretty good stuff. Kid is a beast, and would have thrived had he stayed under Buzz - alone.

Phantom Warrior
09-04-2013, 12:25 AM
I remember when Crean was recuriting Jamil, but not Jeronne. Then Buzz took over and recruited Jeronne. I was disappointed Jamil chose to go to Oregon, but I was delighted jeronne chose MU.

After the state tournament final, I felt we got the better of the two players. Then, ironically, Jeronne left unexpectedly, abruptly, and then Jamil joined the program.

They are now both fifth year seniors, and big things are expected by, and needed from, both player by their teams. I have to admit, the two are tied together in my mind and have been for the last five years - since they were juniors in high school. I am curious to see how their college careers end up - which one ends up viewed as the "better" player.

I wish Jeronne no ill will. I wish he had stayed at MU. But I would have loved to see Jamil at the 3 this year and Jeronne at the 4 (no offense to Steve Taylor or Jameel).

Oh well.

MUMac
09-04-2013, 07:54 AM
I remember when Crean was recuriting Jamil, but not Jeronne. Then Buzz took over and recruited Jeronne. I was disappointed Jamil chose to go to Oregon, but I was delighted jeronne chose MU.

After the state tournament final, I felt we got the better of the two players. Then, ironically, Jeronne left unexpectedly, abruptly, and then Jamil joined the program.

They are now both fifth year seniors, and big things are expected by, and needed from, both player by their teams. I have to admit, the two are tied together in my mind and have been for the last five years - since they were juniors in high school. I am curious to see how their college careers end up - which one ends up viewed as the "better" player.

I wish Jeronne no ill will. I wish he had stayed at MU. But I would have loved to see Jamil at the 3 this year and Jeronne at the 4 (no offense to Steve Taylor or Jameel).

Oh well.

For that to have worked, Jeronne would have had to gotten injured and taken a redshirt here. Otherwise, he would have graduated last year. Then this all plays out differently over the past few years as well, had he stayed. I cannot recall who took his Scholarship, but I believe it was Crowder. Jeronne stays, no Crowder.

TheSultan
09-04-2013, 09:00 AM
I think the transfer worked out best for all parties involved.

CaribouJim
09-04-2013, 09:01 AM
For that to have worked, Jeronne would have had to gotten injured and taken a redshirt here. Otherwise, he would have graduated last year. Then this all plays out differently over the past few years as well, had he stayed. I cannot recall who took his Scholarship, but I believe it was Crowder. Jeronne stays, no Crowder.

You are correct - as much as I really, really liked Jeronne don't know if he would have been BE Player of the Year like Jae was.

MUMac
09-04-2013, 09:28 AM
I think the transfer worked out best for all parties involved.

Agreed, it was in Jeronne's best interest to move away from home and it worked out well for MU.