PDA

View Full Version : TV Tonight

ValiantSailor
08-27-2013, 05:03 PM
FCS is broadcasting the 2003 MU vs AZ game at 8:00 (EST) tonight.

VS

WindyCityGoldenEagle
08-27-2013, 05:21 PM
I dont remember Marquette playing Arizona that year?

Phantom Warrior
08-27-2013, 05:44 PM
I do. We had a huge lead in the second half, and we ended up getting blown out. I remember thinking, "We could have had this game, but we blew it."

WindyCityGoldenEagle
08-27-2013, 06:59 PM
what channel is fcs? wouldnt mind watching it.

Im seeing FSC has soccer on at 7.

MU/Panther
08-27-2013, 07:49 PM
FCS not FSC. Fox College Sports. 321 on TWC.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
08-27-2013, 07:57 PM
damn dont think i get that, thanks though

Mucrisco
08-27-2013, 08:03 PM
I was at this game. It was packed with old people screaming obscenities at the ref.

ValiantSailor
08-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Dang...Novak closed out the 1st half with a 2 point runner. I can't remember him doing that - ever!

VS

warriorfan4life
08-27-2013, 08:22 PM
After going to the Final Four the year before, we were undefeated and with a win over heavily hyped Notre Dame (who turned out to be mediocre themselves). Then the wheels came off the train in the second half and the team never really recovered that season (and were injury riddled the following year). That was the real welcome to Marquette moment.

kneelb4zerg
08-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Dameon Mason. Yuck.

warriorfan4life
08-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Dameon Mason. Yuck.

I remember talking to Novak in the spring of 2005 after he decided to leave, and he was not exactly disappointed that D-Mas decided to find a new home. That 2003 recruiting was a dumpster fire, with Marcus Jackson the lone good part of that motley group.

Nukem2
08-28-2013, 09:04 AM
I remember talking to Novak in the spring of 2005 after he decided to leave, and he was not exactly disappointed that D-Mas decided to find a new home. That 2003 recruiting was a dumpster fire, with Marcus Jackson the lone good part of that motley group.And, MJax had a bad wheel his first year.

MUBasketball
08-28-2013, 09:51 AM
I remember talking to Novak in the spring of 2005 after he decided to leave, and he was not exactly disappointed that D-Mas decided to find a new home. That 2003 recruiting was a dumpster fire, with Marcus Jackson the lone good part of that motley group.

But I'll never forget his jumper at home to beat Louisville. But there was another example of a kid highly rated out of high school that never panned out. Ended his career in relative anonymity at LSU.

And what do you mean that class was a dumpster fire? What, you didn't like "Brandon BE-LLLLLLL"?! (cue Bob Brainerd PA voice).

Nukem2
08-28-2013, 10:35 AM
But I'll never forget his jumper at home to beat Louisville. But there was another example of a kid highly rated out of high school that never panned out. Ended his career in relative anonymity at LSU.

Actually, Dameon averaged 10.5 PPG and 5.0 RPG as a frosh and soph at MU. Not too shabby. At LSU, he had injuries and was plagued by migraines and succumbed to academics in the end. First 2 years were good ( other than that WMU game in the NIT which greased the vines for his departure ). Should have stayed at MU, but the incoming Amigos apparently soured him.

CaribouJim
08-28-2013, 10:54 AM
I was there as well and 'Zona people around us were very impressed with Travis.

unclejohn
08-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Actually, Dameon averaged 10.5 PPG and 5.0 RPG as a frosh and soph at MU. Not too shabby. At LSU, he had injuries and was plagued by migraines and succumbed to academics in the end. First 2 years were good ( other than that WMU game in the NIT which greased the vines for his departure ). Should have stayed at MU, but the incoming Amigos apparently soured him.

Mason undoubtedly had talent, and a lot of schools wanted him. I watched him play in an all-star game with LeBron and Brian Butch among others. And I recall some games early in his career when he played great and looked poised and polite at the post-game press conference. He was the longest lasting of the recruits from that class. But not only did he have injuries at LSU, he got passed up by other players, and somehow, he failed to finish up his remaining two years of college in the three years he was there. The last I heard, he was playing in one of those has-been-and-never-weres leagues in Chicago. A terrible waste of talent. I hope the guy eventually got a degree from some place.

ValiantSailor
08-28-2013, 11:56 AM
I was there as well and 'Zona people around us were very impressed with Travis.

Judging by the boos he got whenever he touched the ball, a lot of people in the stands were impressed by Travis.

VS