PDA

View Full Version : Providence

Goose85
08-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Hopefully this turns out well for Providence. This is the kind of splash the new Big East could use, three top 100's for a school not named Georgetown / Villanova / MU.

Abu and Terrell are both set to announce on September 7th. From Zagsblog: http://zagsblog.com/articles/abu-terrell-to-announce-at-sept-7-press/

According to Scout, Abu is ranked 51 and Terrell is 76. They have said they want to play together and Providence is the only school both have listed in their final group. Providence already has a commit from #81 Jalen Lindsey.

As of now 49 of the top 100 (scout) have committed and the new Big East currently has 9 of those commits.
Georgetown 3, MU 2, Vill 2, Prov 1, Seton Hall 1. Unforturnately none of them are top 40.

MUBasketball
08-26-2013, 02:26 PM
I believe it was Jeff Borzello who said yesterday he is putting his money on NC State or Florida for Abu, and Rhode Island for Terrell. But he said that can change. That would be a tough blow if they don't get either of them.

Goose85
08-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Am I correct in assuming these guys are going to be together for this presser? Hoping they both pull out a Friar hat.

warriorfan4life
08-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Actually think PC gets them both. PC insiders are very confident about Abu. Not as confident about Terrell, but I think that he decides the potential minutes at 1 and 2 are enough to play with his good friend at PC.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
08-26-2013, 05:21 PM
I forgot who tweeted it but one of the experts said that PC has fallen out of favor with these two are predicted Rhode Island for one and UCONN for the other.

warriorfan4life
08-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Jerry Meyer has changed his prediction three times on Abu (UConn to PC, PC to UConn, UConn to Florida) in the last month and his current prediction of Florida may be the odd school out in his group of four. He has good info at times, sometimes before the competition, but I think he is in the dark on this one.

Goose85
08-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Why do the presser together if they aren't chosing the same school? Just seems odd, especially since the presser is about an hour from Providence.

TheSultan
08-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Why do the presser together if they aren't chosing the same school? Just seems odd, especially since the presser is about an hour from Providence.

Because they were on the same AAU team, Expressions Elite, and they are sponsoring the event.

I think it is telling that neither looks like they even considered Boston College.

Goose85
08-27-2013, 09:14 AM
I think it is telling that neither looks like they even considered Boston College.

I thought the same thing.
I think BC would have been better off athletically staying put and not going to the ACC, but I'm not sure if that is the case financially.

TheSultan
08-27-2013, 09:30 AM
I thought the same thing.
I think BC would have been better off athletically staying put and not going to the ACC, but I'm not sure if that is the case financially.

At this point in history, I don't think you can blame BC (or anyone else) for leaving the BE for the ACC.

I just think they keep making bad hires. Steve Donahue looks completely in over his head. What if they would have they would have hired Ed Cooley...a former BC assistant instead? It could have been different.

Goose85
08-27-2013, 10:10 AM
When was the last time Boston College actually had a top 100 recruit?

Nukem2
08-27-2013, 10:12 AM
When was the last time Boston College actually had a top 100 recruit?True. Even in Al Skinner's best years, BC did not have highly rated recruits.

Goose85
08-29-2013, 09:38 AM
I really like what Providence is doing, and I hope they can land some of these targets.

I'm not saying this Chukwu guy is all that and a bag of chips, but I'd guess he would be a defensive presence.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/chukwu-down-to-providence-st-joes/

MUBasketball
08-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Uh oh...sister attends St. Joe's. If they are really close, might nudge him in that direction?

Cooley is really, really close to getting some excellent talent.

Goose85
08-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Providence fans are enjoying some great recruiting news heading into the Labor Day weekend.

Chukwu, a 7'1" center, is ranked #63 according to scout, and gives Providence two top 100s for 2014. Two others with Providence in their final four are announcing on Sept 7.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/chukwu-to-providence/

Congrats to Cooley and the Friars. I like seeing the new Big East landing top 100 kids. According to Scout's top 100, 10 of the 50 that have committed thus far are in the new Big East.