PDA

View Full Version : Xavier preview: #76

MU Viking
08-26-2013, 10:09 AM
A little too low for Xavier, IMO, but I definitely see why questions are present. I am guessing these rankings were made before Roosevelt Jones went down also. I would think Xavier would finish higher than this, but probably not too much higher. This is 8th in the conference.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/7231

MUBasketball
08-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Xavier needs to get it together, there has been a drop since Mack took over for Miller. That Dez Wells situation didn't help, obviously. Haven't read the article you posted, but I assume it mentions the foreign kid that was going to be coming in but instead backed out recently. Sounds like he was going to be really good and Mack spent a lot of time recruiting him overseas. Tough business.

warriorfan4life
08-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Xavier will be much more better then that, and it would not surprise me if they finish highest among the Big East newcomers (and yes, that includes much ballyhooed Creighton). They had a relatively down year last season, but still finished 9-7 in a pretty good A-10 even after the Wells situation and two of their best freshmen had to sit out due to not fully qualifying. Now, Myles Davis and Jalen Reynolds are eligible and should be instant contributors with a solid returning nucleus of Semaj Christon, Dee Davis, Justin Martin and Isaiah Philmore. They also have a really nice freshman guard in Brandon Randolph and a Davante Gardner type in Western Michigan transfer Matt Stainbrook. They are likely 1-2 high level players away from being at the very top of this league with MU, G-Town, Nova, and soon to be PC, but I think they get back to being a near perennial NCAA team shortly.