PDA

View Full Version : Buzz vs. Boeheim

CaribouJim
08-25-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/08/boeheim_owns_losing_record_aga.html#incart_river

Boeheim was left off the recent Top 25 x's and o's list of college coaches that included Buzz.

Buzz's record against the incessant whiner is 3-4 and discounting those teams that Boeheim hasn't coached against that were in the Top 25, if my calculations are correct, Buzz is behind only Slick Rick, even slicker Calipari, Temple's Frank Dunphy although it was only one game, and Rat Faced Coach K who has a 1-1 record against Boeheim and only one of those when he was at Duke - that took me aback. Figured in all those years and NCAA's they would have been close to double digit games by now. I guess the odds of them not playing more were increased because of the soft non-conference schedule that SU typically has.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
08-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Boeheim's adherence to the zone will always hurt him in this kind of poll. Despite the record, I'm not sure how good an X&O coach he is. How often does he make game winning adjustments? He's been a great coach and his record speaks for itself, but adjustments aren't really his thing.