PDA

View Full Version : OT - Ryan, Ryan, Ryan

CaribouJim
08-22-2013, 11:36 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/ryan-braun-lawsuit-request-for-admissions-gets-very-personal-082113

Man,this is getting ugly. I assume Aaron Rodgers is thinking real hard on any future with Ryan as a business partner.

Gato78
08-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Sasson has no idea how hard he will be hit in this lawsuit. He should probably put his on line legal education on hold until this case is done because he is going to be working pretty hard trying to keep the lawsuit afloat. The Requests to Admit will not be admitted and will be denied if there is a need to respond at all--most good lawyers know how to work around these kinds of questions. They are not anywhere near what a decent first year lawyer would produce. Sasson's summons is defective--tort claims require a 45 day summons, his is a 20 day summons. He has not stated his claims with sufficient particularity (required in defamation cases) and the complaint may well be dismissed before anything else happens--his complaint attributes statements of opinion, noit fact. Cannot be defamed by opinions (for the most part), only untrue facts. He has sued in libel and slander, though those separate torts have been merged into one legal theory which is defamation. This case may never get to the discovery stage. Braun will never pay a nickel to this goof.

IWB
08-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Braun and Rodgers are not really business partners. Their names are.

The 8 Twelve MVP restaurant is owned by the SURG Restaurant Group, not by either of those two.
SURG is owned by Michael Polaski.
SURG is actually "SU Restaurant Group".
SU is "Specialty Underwriters".

I used to work for Specialty Underwriters years ago.

They pay Braun & Rodgers for the use of their names and likenesses. Polaski knows how to make cash. Big cash.

Hamostradamus
08-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Sasson has no idea how hard he will be hit in this lawsuit. He should probably put his on line legal education on hold until this case is done because he is going to be working pretty hard trying to keep the lawsuit afloat. The Requests to Admit will not be admitted and will be denied if there is a need to respond at all--most good lawyers know how to work around these kinds of questions. They are not anywhere near what a decent first year lawyer would produce. Sasson's summons is defective--tort claims require a 45 day summons, his is a 20 day summons. He has not stated his claims with sufficient particularity (required in defamation cases) and the complaint may well be dismissed before anything else happens--his complaint attributes statements of opinion, noit fact. Cannot be defamed by opinions (for the most part), only untrue facts. He has sued in libel and slander, though those separate torts have been merged into one legal theory which is defamation. This case may never get to the discovery stage. Braun will never pay a nickel to this goof.

Braun's lawyers will most certainly ask for actual fees and costs, and they may get it. Low to mid six figures and Sasson ends up in bankruptcy. I've seen it before in this exact kind of case. No law student has ever, in the history of everything, filed a pro se lawsuit and come out well.

Goose85
08-22-2013, 12:11 PM
The problem is that some of the likely false claims that Sasson has presented are being talked about as if they are legitimate. I guess for Sasson, mission accomplished.

Same with Olney. Said Braun talked to players and made claims about the sample collector, yet when contacted the players said they never talked to Braun about it, yet those claims are also being discussed as if they were 100% factual.

CaribouJim
08-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Wow - too many lawyers on this thread - you guys might as well be talking about string theory for all I know.

Markedman
08-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Sounds like he is suing somebody for dumping him as a friend.........how bizarre....

get on with your life son......