PDA

View Full Version : American Conference TV Schedule

MU/Panther
08-22-2013, 09:24 AM
http://theamerican.org/news/2013/8/21/mbb_0821134423.aspx

Myself, like many others is keeping an eye on MU's old league. They put out there conference schedule as every game will be on national TV. Many games were sold off to CBS Sports Network and others will be on ESPN News.

MU_Iceman
08-22-2013, 09:42 AM
http://theamerican.org/news/2013/8/21/mbb_0821134423.aspx

Myself, like many others is keeping an eye on MU's old league. They put out there conference schedule as every game will be on national TV. Many games were sold off to CBS Sports Network and others will be on ESPN News.

Speaking of schedules, you'd think the Big East would be releasing theirs sometime soon?? It's been done for quite awhile. By the way, no inside info, just speculation on my part, but as a way of further promoting the Big East as their cornerstone, it wouldn't shock me in the least of the people at Foxsports1 televise the schedule release.

MUBasketball
08-22-2013, 09:44 AM
There was a tweet from Butler's writer for the Indy Star a few days ago that he's heard the schedule will be released about "mid-September", as Fox is putting the finishing touches on it. If they are putting the finishing touches on it, I'd think it would be done before mid-September. Not sure if the delay might be due to Butler's non-conference schedule not being totally finished?

Nukem2
08-22-2013, 09:47 AM
There was a tweet from Butler's writer for the Indy Star a few days ago that he's heard the schedule will be released about "mid-September", as Fox is putting the finishing touches on it. If they are putting the finishing touches on it, I'd think it would be done before mid-September. Not sure if the delay might be due to Butler's non-conference schedule not being totally finished?Probably more due to the timing of release of the NBA's schedule which came out last week ( MU and GU for sure need that info to firm up dates ). Old BE would release after Labor Day.

MUMac
08-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Probably more due to the timing of release of the NBA's schedule which came out last week ( MU and GU for sure need that info to firm up dates ). Old BE would release after Labor Day.

Doesn't the NBA have the meat of their schedule done early in the calendar year? I know they do not release it until July, but that is more of a driver of TV changes than anything. I suspect the Bucks had locked into their dates and times well in advance.

To me, the finishing touches are where the games will be televised.

warriorfan4life
08-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Hey, that would have been nice being relegated to ESPN's third tier former all news channel. I will take the growing pains of Fox Sports 1, as having their machine totally behind us trumps being the second fiddle status of The American at ESPN.

MU/Panther
08-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Speaking of schedules, you'd think the Big East would be releasing theirs sometime soon?? It's been done for quite awhile. By the way, no inside info, just speculation on my part, but as a way of further promoting the Big East as their cornerstone, it wouldn't shock me in the least of the people at Foxsports1 televise the schedule release. For the sale of mini plans tickets, it said "*Please note, the dates in the conference schedule are expected to be announced around or before Labor Day.