PDA

View Full Version : Some Good Stuff w/ Richard Deitsch column...Fox Sports 1...EPL..Jason Whitlock

CaribouJim
08-21-2013, 03:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130820/media-circus-chris-fowler/?sct=hp_wr_a1&eref=sihp

Good, Bad and the Ugly on Fox Sports 1.

Jason Whitlock back to ESPN??? That sucks - loved it when he reamed ESPN talent. Wish Fox got him - I either agree with his columns 100% or disagree with them 100% - seemingly nowhere in between.

IWB
08-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Since ESPN came up with ESPN Magazine to take on Sports Illustrated, with SI give some love/support to Fox Sports 1? Si has always done their own thing, but a silent partnership of sorts would be nice.

warriorfan4life
08-21-2013, 11:29 PM
I am a big fan of Jay and Dan on Fox Sports Live, and will try to make a point to catch part of their broadcast every night (especially in the summer with no prime time TV and fewer weekday sports events).

The Reptile
08-22-2013, 09:14 AM
SI is owned by Time-Warner. They don't have a full-time sports network like Disney (ESPN) or Fox (FS1), but who knows how long that will be true. I'd imagine that they'll sit back and call out the networks in a way that fits with their corporate and editorial interest which is to say that I doubt that they'll side with anyone.

CaribouJim
08-22-2013, 10:38 AM
SI is owned by Time-Warner. They don't have a full-time sports network like Disney (ESPN) or Fox (FS1), but who knows how long that will be true. I'd imagine that they'll sit back and call out the networks in a way that fits with their corporate and editorial interest which is to say that I doubt that they'll side with anyone.

They do kind of have a relationship with NBC - not sure how formal it is - Peter King and Dan Patrick are both SI writers and both are on Sunday Night Football. DP's radio show is simulcasted on NBC Sports Network as well.