PDA

View Full Version : Totally random...Dick "Hoops" Weiss

MUBasketball
08-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Does anbody follow him on Twitter? He doesn't capitalize ONE letter in any of his tweets! Twitter automatically capitalizes words to start a sentence yet none of his are, so he has to be overriding it and making it lower case. He's a professional writer and his tweets look like they are from some 3rd grader!!

Does this bother anybody else or am I just super anal about that kinda thing?!

AlexJesswein
08-20-2013, 10:10 AM
he's always three days behind on news too

Halo
08-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Great topic. When does the season start? Anything on our next recruit?

MUBasketball
08-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Great topic. When does the season start? Anything on our next recruit?

Oh boo hoo. The board is dead this time of year anyway. Sorry to waste so much of your precious time...

I was a journalism major for about a year in college before switching ("a lot of people take 7 years to finish college..."), so was wondering what people's opinions were concerning social media and proper grammer, especially for professionals in the industry.

MUBasketball
08-20-2013, 11:05 AM
he's always three days behind on news too

Yeah I think he's related to Mike Hunt.

Gato78
08-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Is Hoops still rocking the bad toupee?

Note: Just trying to enhance the "slow time" experience.

CaribouJim
08-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Is Hoops still rocking the bad toupee?

Note: Just trying to enhance the "slow time" experience.

The poor guy loses his job and Gato78 kicks the guy when he is down to "enhance the slow time experience".

BTW, I think his toupee looks, and always has for that matter, FABULOUS!!!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/05/support_pours_in_for_dick_hoop.html

MUAlphaBangura
08-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Oh boo hoo. The board is dead this time of year anyway. Sorry to waste so much of your precious time...

I was a journalism major for about a year in college before switching ("a lot of people take 7 years to finish college..."), so was wondering what people's opinions were concerning social media and proper grammer, especially for professionals in the industry.

Yeah, they're called doctors. (Best David Spade voice)

Warriors69
08-20-2013, 01:32 PM
I saw him last week at the Big Strick Classic, that is the oldest toupee in America.

CaribouJim
08-20-2013, 02:10 PM
I saw him last week at the Big Strick Classic, that is the oldest toupee in America.

Legend has it that Bing Crosby's was one of the most rancid. Probably from all the booze.

Gato78
08-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Is the New York Post wrong to axe a guy with he worst toupee in the free world? Couldn't Hoops have figured that one out a long time ago? Why is Caribou siding with Hoops and his toupee? Caribou's hair looks somewhat real....I wonder.

MUAlphaBangura
08-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Is the New York Post wrong to axe a guy with he worst toupee in the free world? Couldn't Hoops have figured that one out a long time ago? Why is Caribou siding with Hoops and his toupee? Caribou's hair looks somewhat real....I wonder.

My guess is Caribou has a chest toupee.

CaribouJim
08-20-2013, 04:20 PM
My guess is Caribou has a chest toupee.

Only when I play Jeopardy.

CaribouJim
08-20-2013, 04:23 PM

Toupee or no toupee, that is the question. Mr. Weiss got tossed by the Daily News, not the Post, but the Post did launch the headline writer last week that penned the "Headless Man Found in Topless Bar" headline. The best EVER.

MayorBeluga
08-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Toupee or no toupee, that is the question. Mr. Weiss got tossed by the Daily News, not the Post, but the Post did launch the headline writer last week that penned the "Headless Man Found in Topless Bar" headline. The best EVER.

Nah. Best headline was in the Columbus paper years ago. The Kansas City MLS team was then known as the Wizards and the Columbus Crew played at the Ohio State football stadium nicknamed "the horseshoe." The headline? "Crew takes Wiz in Shoe." Outstanding.