PDA

View Full Version : Now this is creativity, and I applaud this effort...wish MU would do something like t

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 10:03 AM
"Keep the red out" Are you listening MU??? I doubt it. No one in that ticket office cares one iota...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story/_/id/9568695/nashville-predators-tweak-ticket-policy-limit-chicago-blackhawks-fans

GOMU1104
08-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Isn't the UW game usually included in one of the 5-game packs already?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
08-15-2013, 10:25 AM
I imagine most Blackhawk fans (and Badger fans) could still find reasonably priced tickets on StubHub without needing to buy a second game. The effort is fine, but I'm not sure it'll have any actual effect.

MU88
08-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Didn't UWM do the same thing when they hosted MU and UW? I am not sure it will matter that much. MU sells 15,000 tickets per game. A good portion of UW fans are getting their tickets from MU ticket holders, including all of those in the lower bowl. This kind of ticket policy would not stop that from happening. Plus, I think its kind of bush league. You should have enough faith in your fanbase that they will buy your tickets in your place when playing a hot team or rival. Besides if a school like DePaul did this, they wouldn't sell any tickets. :)

TheSultan
08-15-2013, 10:37 AM
I imagine most Blackhawk fans (and Badger fans) could still find reasonably priced tickets on StubHub without needing to buy a second game. The effort is fine, but I'm not sure it'll have any actual effect.

Eh...more Badger fans get to witness their team's demise in person. Sounds fine to me.

unclejohn
08-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Kind of a snotty comment, Iceman, and uninformed. The fact is, Marquette has done exactly this to handle games when it did not want to get taken over. The first game that resumed the UWM series was one. The ticket office has also gone to some great lengths to keep UW fans out of games at home, like emailing every season ticket holder to try and sell them extras and arranging buses to bring students from Chicago during Christmas break. Not exactly not giving a damn.

As for this tactic itself, it can hit or miss. When UWM finally got its home game against Marquette, they tied it to a couple different four-packs. They didn't sell a lot of tickets. They finally started selling single game tickets shortly before the game, but by that time, many Marquette fans had given up, and the game was scheduled Thanksgiving weekend. As a result, they did not fill the Arena.

MUMac
08-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Many of the tickets that UW fans get are from season ticket holders. I host some UW fans every other year and they host me in return. Many others do the same.

MU also already provides season ticket holders first crack at the UW game. That tends to be sold out, or close to it, prior to going to the general public. So, I am not sure this way of doing it would make any difference.

Goose85
08-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Not uncommon practice. Many a team, pro and college, will force certain games into packages in a variety of ways. Smart thing to do.

Want to see Bucks v. Bulls in the Jordan days you needed to buy a 10 pack as all 10 packs had the Bulls games. Bulls fans bought Bucks 10 packs as it was easier to see the Bulls / get tix in Milw. Sold the other games to brokers.

I think UNLV did that when Badger football played in Vegas. I know guys that bought tickets, flew down for the Badger game, and then sold the tickets for the other games to brokers for next to nothing.

Brewers have done similar with Cubs games. Single tickets for that game had a higher price than other games.

Problem with MU v. Badgers is MU season ticket holders sell tickets to Badger fans. I'm always amazed at how many Badger fans sit near me at that game.

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 10:55 AM
They do include them in 5 game packs, and that is not NEARLY restrictive enough. You want the UW game?? Buy SEASON tickets, not a rinky dink 5 game pack. Like I said, I also like the idea of restricting zip codes. I do realize that many UW tickets get their tickets from season ticket holders, and with all due respect to MUMac, that sticks in my craw more than anything else. This has been an ongoing topic for me with the ticket office every single year. I know I'm only one voice, but I will pester them till the day I die with this issue. I have mentioned ot them before, there ARE ways of tracking which season ticket holders are selling to UW fans. in fact, it really wouldn't take much effort. Find out who they are, and sanction them somehow. Yes, to me, it's THAT important. The ONLY red i ever want to see in the BC every year are the few they are allotted by MU every year.

I don't know why MU insists on making it so easy for UW fans?? It's not like they need to worry about this game not selling out every year unless they do it the way they currently do. It's just stupid. As most are aware, I buy extras every year for this game with the sole intention of selling them to MU fans(at face value) and keeping them OUT of badger fans hands. Now, do I know for sure if who I'm selling to are true MU fans?? I've been around these boards long enough, I recognize screen names, I know who can/can't be trusted for the most part. If I have ANY question in my mind whatsoever, I simply don't sell them to that person. There's always someone that is eager to buy them?? One last thing...do I know what they are doing with them AFTER I sell them to them?? Actually, you might be surprised...since I know where the seat locations are of the tickets i sell, I will ALWAYS go check those seats before gametime and just see who is sitting in them and what color they are wearing. If they are in red, I simply right down the screen name of the person I sold them to, and make sure I don't ever sell them UW tickets again. I do my part as much as i can. I wish everyone else would to. :mad:

Markedman
08-15-2013, 10:59 AM
I think we have uncovered the problem….MU fans should never be friends with anybody who is a UW fan…….:D

Time for me to take my nephew(Junior at UW) off the Christmas card list…….

Many of the tickets that UW fans get are from season ticket holders. I host some UW fans every other year and they host me in return. Many others do the same.

MU also already provides season ticket holders first crack at the UW game. That tends to be sold out, or close to it, prior to going to the general public. So, I am not sure this way of doing it would make any difference.

GOMU1104
08-15-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm not opposed to the full season ticket plan idea, in principle.

Unfortunately, what is MU's full season ticket base...12,000 or so? What does the Bradley Center hold...up to 18,000?

Can they get the full season ticket base to make up that 6,000 difference? I don't know the answer. I'm willing to bet nobody here knows wither...And remember...not all season ticket holders are as passionate about this as you, Ice.

In addition...the more restrictive you make it, the more valuable the extra tickets become...ticket holders are likely to be motivated to sell for the higher/highest price, regardless of who they are fans of.

And "sanctions"...that's a little ridiculous.

MUAlphaBangura
08-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Eh...more Badger fans get to witness their team's demise in person. Sounds fine to me.

You're obviously not sitting in the stands next to some of those tools!

TheSultan
08-15-2013, 11:17 AM
They do include them in 5 game packs, and that is not NEARLY restrictive enough. You want the UW game?? Buy SEASON tickets, not a rinky dink 5 game pack. Like I said, I also like the idea of restricting zip codes. I do realize that many UW tickets get their tickets from season ticket holders, and with all due respect to MUMac, that sticks in my craw more than anything else. This has been an ongoing topic for me with the ticket office every single year. I know I'm only one voice, but I will pester them till the day I die with this issue. I have mentioned ot them before, there ARE ways of tracking which season ticket holders are selling to UW fans. in fact, it really wouldn't take much effort. Find out who they are, and sanction them somehow. Yes, to me, it's THAT important. The ONLY red i ever want to see in the BC every year are the few they are allotted by MU every year.

I don't know why MU insists on making it so easy for UW fans?? It's not like they need to worry about this game not selling out every year unless they do it the way they currently do. It's just stupid. As most are aware, I buy extras every year for this game with the sole intention of selling them to MU fans(at face value) and keeping them OUT of badger fans hands. Now, do I know for sure if who I'm selling to are true MU fans?? I've been around these boards long enough, I recognize screen names, I know who can/can't be trusted for the most part. If I have ANY question in my mind whatsoever, I simply don't sell them to that person. There's always someone that is eager to buy them?? One last thing...do I know what they are doing with them AFTER I sell them to them?? Actually, you might be surprised...since I know where the seat locations are of the tickets i sell, I will ALWAYS go check those seats before gametime and just see who is sitting in them and what color they are wearing. If they are in red, I simply right down the screen name of the person I sold them to, and make sure I don't ever sell them UW tickets again. I do my part as much as i can. I wish everyone else would to. :mad:

Honestly, I don't know why people care so much about this issue. My friend the UW season ticket holder just called me last week to confirm that I will head up to Madison for the MU game. I wear my gold proudly before, during and after the game and we give each other sh*t the entire day. I am sure that there are a number of MU fans that do the same thing.

MU fans make plenty of noise during the UW game. My nephew who is a student there said the loudest he has ever heard the BC was during last year's UW game - especially when Blue hit that off balance 3 point shot. It's not as though they lose their homecourt advantage in the process.

This is sports - not WW2.

TheSultan
08-15-2013, 11:18 AM
You're obviously not sitting in the stands next to some of those tools!

I sit in the Kohl Center every other year for the MU game. I simply don't get that worked up about it.

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 11:21 AM
I think we have uncovered the problem….MU fans should never be friends with anybody who is a UW fan…….:D

Time for me to take my nephew(Junior at UW) off the Christmas card list…….

I absolutely would. The biggest problem is, he attends UW. That's SOMEONE's fault.

mutpm
08-15-2013, 11:22 AM

Let me get this straight, you applaud Nashville for forcing fans to buy 1 extra game to get the Blackhawks game, but rip MU for making fans buy 4 extra games to get the UW game?

Markedman
08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
If you weren't serious that would be funny…….

I absolutely would. The biggest problem is, he attends UW. That's SOMEONE's fault.

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Honestly, I don't know why people care so much about this issue. My friend the UW season ticket holder just called me last week to confirm that I will head up to Madison for the MU game. I wear my gold proudly before, during and after the game and we give each other sh*t the entire day. I am sure that there are a number of MU fans that do the same thing.

MU fans make plenty of noise during the UW game. My nephew who is a student there said the loudest he has ever heard the BC was during last year's UW game - especially when Blue hit that off balance 3 point shot. It's not as though they lose their homecourt advantage in the process.

This is sports - not WW2.

I agree with it on being the loudest. I was there, and the sea of gold was a sight to behold. That was one of my proudest moments as an MU fan, seeing all that gold in the building.

As far as it being sports and not WW2...I say this EVERY year. The MU-UW rivalry HAS to be one of the "softest" in America. I blame MU fans for most of that unfortunately...too many MU fans root for UW in "every other game" but this one. That's disgusting to me. I cite this every year as well, but think about North Carolina-Duke, Louisville-Kentucky(my favorite), Michigan-Ohio St, there are MANY that "get" what a true rivalry is about. Fans from thos teams can't stand the other teams fanbase. Most specifically UK-UL. They flat out HATE each other. Sure, all the fanbases i mentioned have football, and that is likely where it starts, but you are damn right it spills over to basketball as well. I just want to know why the UW-MU "rivalry" can't be that way?? Is this state really that "soft" as a whole??

TedBaxter
08-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Like I said, I also like the idea of restricting zip codes. :mad:

So because I live in a Madison zip code, I would be restricted?

I'm as much as fan of Marquette as anyone here and that's all I'll say about that. My preferred response would have to be deleted immediately.

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Let me get this straight, you applaud Nashville for forcing fans to buy 1 extra game to get the Blackhawks game, but rip MU for making fans buy 4 extra games to get the UW game?

You obviously didn't read the article thorougly...they also will not let you buy tickets for that game if you aren't in certain zip codes etc. It's far more restrictive than buying 'one extra game". Besides, MU's 5 game packs are probably almost as cheap as a whole, than a pair of predators tickets are. UW fans have no problems, buying the 5 game packs at $99 each and just "eating" the rest of the games. $200/pair for the UW game...That's cheaper than you can(or used to be able to) find them on the open market. Why wouldn't they do that??

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 11:39 AM

I'm as much as fan of Marquette as anyone here and that's all I'll say about that. My preferred response would have to be deleted immediately.

Yes...there are enough MU fans that buy extras for that game, that you very easily could buy from them for face. I'd be more than happy to buy a pair every year for you. You are a TRUE MU fan. I'd never question your fandom Puju.

To be fair Puju, i'd also restrict anything in my zip code and the surrounding areas. Therefore, I wouldn't be able to get them either. And you know what?? If it worked, I'd be totally okay with that.

TheSultan
08-15-2013, 11:42 AM
As far as it being sports and not WW2...I say this EVERY year. The MU-UW rivalry HAS to be one of the "softest" in America. I blame MU fans for most of that unfortunately...too many MU fans root for UW in "every other game" but this one. That's disgusting to me. I cite this every year as well, but think about North Carolina-Duke, Louisville-Kentucky(my favorite), Michigan-Ohio St, there are MANY that "get" what a true rivalry is about. Fans from thos teams can't stand the other teams fanbase. Most specifically UK-UL. They flat out HATE each other. Sure, all the fanbases i mentioned have football, and that is likely where it starts, but you are damn right it spills over to basketball as well. I just want to know why the UW-MU "rivalry" can't be that way?? Is this state really that "soft" as a whole??

I think you buy too much of the hype about rivalries that sports networks are selling you. I live in Indiana, very near Kentucky, and the Louisville/Kentucky rivalry is pretty much a larger version of the MU/UW one. It really isn't that much more intense.

TedBaxter
08-15-2013, 12:08 PM
That's what pisses me off. The rivalry stuff is out of hand.

mutpm
08-15-2013, 12:16 PM
You obviously didn't read the article thorougly...they also will not let you buy tickets for that game if you aren't in certain zip codes etc. It's far more restrictive than buying 'one extra game". Besides, MU's 5 game packs are probably almost as cheap as a whole, than a pair of predators tickets are. UW fans have no problems, buying the 5 game packs at $99 each and just "eating" the rest of the games. $200/pair for the UW game...That's cheaper than you can(or used to be able to) find them on the open market. Why wouldn't they do that??

I did read the article. I dismiss the zip code thing because that would never work at MU. You may not want to admit it, but there are more UW fans than MU fans in every zip code in the state. It's an idea that absolutely could not and would not work. The best MU can do is limit it to season ticket holders. This is something they already do. This whole thread is based on what MU could do and every decent idea is something they are doing.

If people are willing to pay $100 a seat (to MU and not on the secondary market) for the UW game and 4 no shows, that's a win for MU. In most cases, those seats were not going to sell anyway since the $99 5 game plan seats are the worst in the house.

Goose85
08-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Most if not all of the lower deck is MU season ticket holders. There are also sections in the upper deck that are MU season ticket holders.

It's not like half the BC is wearing Red. Most of the visiting fans are scattered unlike the home fans.

Part of the fun of a rivalry game is the fans from the other team coming in to the opponents venue and cheering on their team. Ok, it is fun when MU is winning and can be miserable when we are not - but that is part of being in a rivalry. MU fans at the Kohl and UW fans at the BC.

Key is if MU does well and sells a lot of season and student tickets, the BC will be loud and fun for MU with some UW noise as well.

I think what annoys most MU season ticket holders is sitting in their normal seats among the MU fans in your section and then, for one game, those MU fans in your section decide to sell their tickets to Badger fans. I don't get it personally, as the reason I sit through the buy games and other not prime time games are for the opportunity to enjoy the big time games.

Bottom line, a sell out for MU hoops is always a good thing. If you want to make money of UW fans, charge more than normal for single game seats.

Nukem2
08-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Another anomaly that arises with the MU-UW game is the appearance of some MU season ticket holders who show up for that game decked out in red. Yes, there are number of those around the BC.

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 02:18 PM
I think you buy too much of the hype about rivalries that sports networks are selling you. I live in Indiana, very near Kentucky, and the Louisville/Kentucky rivalry is pretty much a larger version of the MU/UW one. It really isn't that much more intense.

Ever read their message boards all year long, specifically the week of that game?? I beg to differ it's not that intense. As one UL fan told me several years ago..."You either bleed red, or you bleed blue, there is no in between". THAT's how I'd like to see Wisconsin get with MU-UW.

MUMac
08-15-2013, 02:32 PM
If you weren't serious that would be funny…….

But, unfortunately he is serious and that is sad.

TheSultan
08-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Ever read their message boards all year long, specifically the week of that game?? I beg to differ it's not that intense. As one UL fan told me several years ago..."You either bleed red, or you bleed blue, there is no in between". THAT's how I'd like to see Wisconsin get with MU-UW.

Message board are in no way representative of general fandom. The whole "bleed red" or "bleed blue" is a bunch of crap that people say behind a keyboard. Kentucky fans live, work and socialize with Louisville fans regularly. Just like MU and UW fans do. You make it sound like you want it to be the Hatfields and the McCoys or something...

MUMac
08-15-2013, 02:34 PM

As do I. So, I guess gomarquette does not want me, or the others of us from Madison, to be a season ticket holder any longer. Now it is a penalty to live in a certain city. How much deeper of the deep end could one go?

MUMac
08-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Yes...there are enough MU fans that buy extras for that game, that you very easily could buy from them for face. I'd be more than happy to buy a pair every year for you. You are a TRUE MU fan. I'd never question your fandom Puju.

To be fair Puju, i'd also restrict anything in my zip code and the surrounding areas. Therefore, I wouldn't be able to get them either. And you know what?? If it worked, I'd be totally okay with that.

Good thing there are not any UW fans that live in the Milwaukee zip code. If there were, that could be a problem. :confused:

Goose85
08-15-2013, 03:46 PM
The difference for rivals like Kentucky - Louisville / Alabama - Auburn / South Carolina - Clemson, aside from they also have football, is that in those state there are no professional teams, just college teams. Most of my Badger friends are also fans of the Packers, Brewers and Bucks. We just differ on college basketball as there is not even football to get worked up over. I've been told by fans from both sides of the South Carolina / Clemson football rivalry not to bother to bring woman and children to the annual football game, and they were serious. It can get ugly.

Do I wear MU Blue and Gold colored glasses and drink the Koolaid - you bet I do. Do I want MU to beat Wisconsin in hoops, nope, I want MU to crush Wisconsin in hoops. Do I get annoyed that season ticket holders give / sell tickets to Badger fans, sure I do. Do I mind Badger fans buying tickets to the games at the BC, no as it is money for MU athletics.

I actually think most of the hatred from one school toward the other is from older Badger fans who remember the old days when MU was a power and Wisconsin stunk in everything (football / basketball). I'd guess a lot of the older MU fans see Notre Dame as more of the main rival, as I did when I was a kid.

Younger fans forget that it is really only recently that the Badgers have had any success in basketball, and even football for that matter. Now that Wisconsin has maintained success under Bo, and MU at the same time with Crean / Buzz, the rivalry in hoops is growing as the game actually matters.

I think the rivalry will get a bit more intense on the court than it has been for a long time as both teams now actually play kids from the state, something both schools haven't really had much of recently.

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 03:55 PM
As do I. So, I guess gomarquette does not want me, or the others of us from Madison, to be a season ticket holder any longer. Now it is a penalty to live in a certain city. How much deeper of the deep end could one go?

Could you exaggerate any more Mac?? I never said a damn word about not wanting you as a season ticket holder, did I?? No, and you know that! I do, as do OTHERS(you might have noticed if you're reading this thread), have a problem with YOU(and others) as season ticket holders, giving/selling, whatever you are doing, tickets to UW fans for that game. Why the hell would you do that?? So you can go to Madison every year?? I have been to that game every year myself, and don't care to know one single Badger fan to get me in. There are plenty of ways to get in to that game. Yes, as a fellow season ticket holder I have a RIGHT to be pissed off about that, and as a season ticket holder, I will keep talking to MU's ticket office every year about this whether it gets changed or not. They can very easily find out who the season ticket holders are that do this(and I am NOT singling you out), and sanction them somehow. I sure as hell would if i were in the ticket office.

If you were a member of the US military, would you just willingly arm terrorists with things they need to make our lives much more difficult?? I sure would hope nopt. Now yes that is an extreme analogy, but it makes my point.

mutpm
08-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Could you exaggerate any more Mac?? I never said a damn word about not wanting you as a season ticket holder, did I?? No, and you know that! I do, as do OTHERS(you might have noticed if you're reading this thread), have a problem with YOU(and others) as season ticket holders, giving/selling, whatever you are doing, tickets to UW fans for that game. Why the hell would you do that?? So you can go to Madison every year?? I have been to that game every year myself, and don't care to know one single Badger fan to get me in. There are plenty of ways to get in to that game. Yes, as a fellow season ticket holder I have a RIGHT to be pissed off about that, and as a season ticket holder, I will keep talking to MU's ticket office every year about this whether it gets changed or not. They can very easily find out who the season ticket holders are that do this(and I am NOT singling you out), and sanction them somehow. I sure as hell would if i were in the ticket office.

If you were a member of the US military, would you just willingly arm terrorists with things they need to make our lives much more difficult?? I sure would hope nopt. Now yes that is an extreme analogy, but it makes my point.

How should I act towards UW fans? I don't have the ability to block all of them out of my life since it includes coworkers and relatives.

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Message board are in no way representative of general fandom. The whole "bleed red" or "bleed blue" is a bunch of crap that people say behind a keyboard. Kentucky fans live, work and socialize with Louisville fans regularly. Just like MU and UW fans do. You make it sound like you want it to be the Hatfields and the McCoys or something...

And where do you think my hatred for UW has stemmed from?? Want me to name specific names?? They all post on either Scout UW or Buckyville, not too mention the smug, arrogant UW pricks I have to work with. The "fans" that really aren't that intense about it, aren't really TRUE "fans" anyway. They are casual fans, and probably can't even name UW's full roster every year.

TheSultan
08-15-2013, 04:01 PM

:rolleyes:

GOMU1104
08-15-2013, 05:23 PM

There it is. You are a moron.

MUUWUWM
08-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Wow, where have you been Ice?....Been worried about you, glad to see you are ok and unchanged!
One bit of advice for you...

Don't worry about anything you have no control over.:cool:

MU_Iceman
08-15-2013, 07:30 PM
How should I act towards UW fans? I don't have the ability to block all of them out of my life since it includes coworkers and relatives.

Quit your job, and distance yourself from your family. In my family, NO ONE even so much as mentions UW hoops in my presence. They know better.

MUMac
08-15-2013, 07:48 PM

To be honest, your diatribes are hard to follow and piece together. You go off on bombastic tangents and insult so many people that if I understood you incorrectly, I apologize. I certainly was not exaggerating, but as I pieced your semi coherent comments together, that is the way I read them.

Sorry to see that you are back. I really enjoyed the vacation.

mutpm
08-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Quit your job, and distance yourself from your family. In my family, NO ONE even so much as mentions UW hoops in my presence. They know better.

If only you knew where I worked....

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
08-15-2013, 08:52 PM

http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-serious-or-just-stupid.jpg

IWB
08-16-2013, 10:09 AM
The whole situation is a tough one. MU does what they can to keep the tickets in the hands of MU fans, but there is only so much you can do. Years ago when Michael Jordan was on top of the world there were Bulls fans buying season tickets to Bucks games just to see Jordan 2-3 times per year because they couldn't get tickets in Chicago.

UJ - I do not believe Wisconsin was included in the 5 packs, so you can't just "buy 4 extra games".

I don't like seeing UW fans at the BC either, but if your company pays for season tickets, you go to every game but the owner of the company went to UW, guess who gets that game? If your company has a box, who are you inviting to that game? Your biggest clients, potentially UW grads. You just can't help it. On the flip side, Nukem hit the nail on the head. Can't believe how many people are decked out in blue & gold for every game and show up to that one in red. A few years ago I had a family in front of me. I think they had six tickets, parents, two kids and spouses. Badger game comes and all 6 are in red. Frustrating.

While Ice does get carried away, having talked to him before the Badger fans he works with love to push his buttons. It is a different situation for everyone. Someone mentioned how bad some of the posters are, and yes we all know exactly which ones they are. Well, imagine if you worked with one of those guys? Or two.... you have to listen to that every day. I have a lot of Badger friends. We give each other crap every year surrounding that game, but we are always civil, never out right demeaning, yet a lot of those people are. I tracked two of their posters for a story a while back.....

Over three months, one guy posted an average of 8 times per week. 7 out of 8 referred to Marquette. "Buzz cheats"....."they don't go to class"...."they should be in jail"..."Buzz kicks them out if they're not good enough"...."No way these guys could get into school at UW"...."Crean was slimy"....."Does anyone know where to get good football tickets for this weekend?"......"Scuzz pays players"....... This was how it was every week for three freaking months - 84 of 96 posts referred to Marquette. And this guy claims that MU is not a rival!!

Now, imagine if you worked with guys like this every day, and they were so arrogant that they have that attitude at work, and mention those things on a daily basis as if they are fact? It would be unbearable. Point is, Iceman does get carried away, and we all need to keep it civil, but don't ever underestimate the level of a-holes that people are surrounded by on a daily basis.

All that said, like MUIceman, I'm back. Always have to take a break after the Pro-Am to get away from it (actually went a stretch of three days without reading the board), but now its time to get back into the swing of things.