PDA

View Full Version : Slow Time

Smee
08-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Since it is slow, I thought I would show off a bit and share my 2003 NCAA Tourney Souvenir. I pulled this off of the wall at the Metrodome after MU (Wade) trounced Kentucky in the Elite 8. All the players and coaches and some other MU greats signed it at the post-game party. Wade is on the right of the K. Novak is above the C and U. Travis is below the Y.

George Thompson, Hank Raymonds, Father Wild, Father Kelly, Bill Cords, Marc Marotta also signed.

One of my favorite signatures was from Robert Harris, Jr. His brother Jon was a player I always liked. (In 2002, Jon played real well in the NCAA loss to Tulsa. Down the stretch the undersized 4 was playing great, but TC took him out for free throws. I don't blame TC, but no one else was raising their game...). In any event, this is the year after Jon graduated. I saw him and asked him to sign. Turns out it was his brother Robert, who had slightly longer hair, but looked an awful lot like Jon. When he told me that he was not Jon, I had him sign it anyway...then I went and found Jon.

I finally got it framed a few months ago. Hanging up in my bar.

Bob

MU Viking
08-14-2013, 02:46 PM
That is really cool.

unclejohn
08-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I remember seeing you getting that signed, and saying, "Yeah, I want the signature of Jon Harris's brother!" I thought at the time you had to settle for his brother, because Jon was back in the locker room with the team.

I hope Jon and his lovely wife are doing well at Tennessee.

Smee
08-15-2013, 11:21 AM
That was a great day!

IWB
08-16-2013, 10:16 AM
That was an awesome day. Love that you have Hank and Cords on there. Probably not that often that people asked Cords for their autograph, but he certainly earned it that day!