PDA

View Full Version : Cordell Henry

Markedman
08-08-2013, 08:13 PM
WeAreDePaul.com ‏@WeAreDePaul 45m
Per multiple sources, Cordell Henry will be named a graduate assistant coach at #DePaul. We'll have more later tonight. #dpubb

TrevorCandelino
08-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Good for him. Good kid.

realchiliwarrior
08-08-2013, 09:37 PM
WeAreDePaul.com ‏@WeAreDePaul 45m
Per multiple sources, Cordell Henry will be named a graduate assistant coach at #DePaul. We'll have more later tonight. #dpubb

Didn't IWB report less than two weeks ago that Cordell had taken a job with North Park University as an Assistant Coach?

MUMac
08-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Didn't IWB report less than two weeks ago that Cordell had taken a job with North Park University as an Assistant Coach?

Yes. Crean helped him get that job and Cordel posted a comment about how blessed he was.

TrevorCandelino
08-09-2013, 09:07 AM
I wonder why he took a step back from North Park to DePaul? :p

realchiliwarrior
08-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Do we have knowledge of the length of his employment at North Park? I hope the best for him BUT you have to be concerned about current staff longevity at DPU if the struggle continues in NBE.

MU Viking
08-09-2013, 11:20 AM
He actually started at North Park in July, 2012. I think the more recent position was an assistant coach position with full benefits. Not sure how all this works at that level.

He actually received the DePaul offer days after accepting the better position at North Park.

MUMac
08-09-2013, 11:25 AM
He actually started at North Park in July, 2012. I think the more recent position was an assistant coach position with full benefits. Not sure how all this works at that level.

He actually received the DePaul offer days after accepting the better position at North Park.

You are correct. I looked into it just after the last post and was mistaken. I thought IWB's initial post about Cordel's facebook page a few weeks back was all current. Apparently it was dated. It is clear that Cordel mentions it going into his 2nd year as a college coach. I missed that.

Markedman
08-19-2013, 03:19 PM
WeAreDePaul.com ‏@WeAreDePaul 1m
Update on our earlier report, Cordell Henry will not be joining DPU as a Grad. Asst. due to a problem with the hire. #dpubb

TedBaxter
08-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Update on our earlier report, Cordell Henry will not be joining DPU as a Grad. Asst. due to a problem with the hire. #dpubb

Hope he didn't burn the bridge at his previous position and can go back.

CaribouJim
08-19-2013, 03:22 PM

Ouch - I assume back to North Park is not an option seeing he left them? I wonder what the "problem" was?

TheSultan
08-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Ouch - I assume back to North Park is not an option seeing he left them? I wonder what the "problem" was?

Couldn't get into a graduate program?

Markedman
08-19-2013, 03:29 PM
He is going back to North Park apparently

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
08-19-2013, 08:40 PM
That seems rough.

MUMac
08-20-2013, 08:10 AM
Couldn't get into a graduate program?

That does not appear to be the reason, as I read the De Paul board. They say a problem with the hiring process and the NCAA did not approve of the hire. Someone then posted this link and said "connect the dots" ... http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hoop_thoughts/posts/84201-ncaa-makes-significant-effort-to-clean-up-recruiting

There appears to be more on the Premium Page, but I do not have access.

TheSultan
08-20-2013, 08:20 AM
That does not appear to be the reason, as I read the De Paul board. They say a problem with the hiring process and the NCAA did not approve of the hire. Someone then posted this link and said "connect the dots" ... http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hoop_thoughts/posts/84201-ncaa-makes-significant-effort-to-clean-up-recruiting

There appears to be more on the Premium Page, but I do not have access.

Ah...OK. There is no allegation that Henry did anything wrong, but just that he cannot get hired because of his previous AAU connections.

And while I understand the intent of this rule, I really have to question its fairness. If a head coach wants to use one of his assistant positions to hire an AAU coach, I don't see the problem with it.

GOMU1104
08-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Ah...OK. There is no allegation that Henry did anything wrong, but just that he cannot get hired because of his previous AAU connections.

And while I understand the intent of this rule, I really have to question its fairness. If a head coach wants to use one of his assistant positions to hire an AAU coach, I don't see the problem with it.

As I have always understood it...you can hire anyone you want for one of the 3 staff spots you are allowed to have...with no ramifications to recruiting.

What you can't do is hire an AAU/HS coach to one of the non-staff positions (director of basketball ops, video coordinator, etc) and continue to recruit from that program.

Sounds like DePaul signed, or is currently recruiting, someone who played for an AAU team that Henry had a connection to.

TheSultan
08-20-2013, 09:44 AM
As I have always understood it...you can hire anyone you want for one of the 3 staff spots you are allowed to have...with no ramifications to recruiting.

What you can't do is hire an AAU/HS coach to one of the non-staff positions (director of basketball ops, video coordinator, etc) and continue to recruit from that program.

Sounds like DePaul signed, or is currently recruiting, someone who played for an AAU team that Henry had a connection to.

OK, I appreciate the clarification.

TedBaxter
08-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Did he get Will Ryan'd?

ziggysfryboy
08-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Did he get Will Ryan'd?

Puju Swings and knocks it out of the park!