PDA

View Full Version : Sam Dekker

TedBaxter
03-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Best player I've seen in the WIAA state tournament since Joe Wolf.

Markedman
03-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Dekker hits the game winning 3 pointer with 2 guys covering him.......pretty impressive.

mufansince72
03-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Very nice looking player. He will even get better when he gains some strength. Good ball handling ability. Can go left or right. Nice stroke from deep. Very good passer. It will be interesting to see what Bo does with this type of player.

Nukem2
03-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Watched the second half of today's title game. Until the last minute or so of the game, I was wondering what all the fuss about Dekker was all about. He surely looked very ordinary, especially for Div 5 basketball in WI. The last minute was a pretty impressive display of shooting. Looks to be a 3 in college...? Hard to tell a lot as he was being defended by much shorter and slower Racine players. Will be interesting to see how he does in the future.

MUMac
03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
First time I saw Dekker today. I agree with Nukem, as I thought Sheboygan Lutheran did not do a good job of looking for him while Racine Lutheran built the lead. The last half of the 4th Quarter may have been the most impressive individual display I witnessed at a State Tournament. I get the hype. He lives up to it. Silky smooth and athletic. He will be a good one for the Badgers and will help their offense immediately.