PDA

View Full Version : Jamil Wilson on AIA Tour

Nukem2
08-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Per JS blog:

www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/217928291.html

IWB
08-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes, MU had a full press release this morning....

For Immediate Release

Jamil Wilson Heading To Lithuania With Athletes In Action

Senior Forward Making Second Foreign Tour Appearance

Milwaukee – Marquette senior forward Jamil Wilson has been invited to participate in an Athletes In Action (AIA) Basketball Tour in Lithuania along with a roster full of fellow NCAA Division I competitors.

Wilson leaves on Friday, August 9 for Vilnius, Lithuania after playing in a training camp at Mercer University in Macon, Ga. The team will compete in six games against various teams throughout Europe.

“I am extremely excited about the opportunity to make the trip for the second-straight summer,” Wilson said. “Athletes In Action is a great organization, built on the right foundation. It’s a good group of guys and I am really looking forward to another great learning experience.”

The team will be coached by Valparaiso assistant Roger Powell and he will be assisted by Baylor’s Sam Patterson. Wilson will join the roster along with Drew Barham (Gonzaga), David Chadwick (Valparaiso), Kadeem Coleby (Wichita State), Beau Gamble (Colorado), Thomas Gipson (Kansas State), Brady Heslip (Baylor), Chris Jennkins (Colorado), Jordan Swing (Alabama Birmingham), and Jevon Thomas (Kansas State).

The goals of this tour are to provide a rich cross-cultural experience for each team member and for team members to grow in their personal faith. Athletes In Action is a Christian sports organization and is active in 94 countries with 650 staff and 7,500 volunteers.

This will be Wilson’s second invitation to play overseas by AIA. Last year he traveled to Germany, where he participated in games and hosted coaching clinics.

Wilson and the team will return August 19.

Scott Kuykendall
Associate Athletics Director, Media Relations
Marquette University

AlexJesswein
08-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Sounds like Wilson can be the leader of that team