PDA

View Full Version : Ackerman / Jerseyguy article

MUBasketball
07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=7251

"Can't replace a Georgetown" didn't make much sense.

TheSultan
07-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Ackerman concedes the 10 school format, which allows a balanced double round robin 18 game conference schedule is the ideal set up–at this time.

“It is ideal for a lot of reasons,” said Ackerman, “but the Presidents have said they would like to expand at some time and we will have to examine that. But not at this time. For now, it’s the perfect set up for us.”

ValiantSailor
07-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Unfortunately, in today's world of college athletics, as soon as you speak the words "not at this time" ...it's already past tense.

VS

CaribouJim
07-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Yeh, I don't understand the Georgetown comment, but I really like the Europe idea - big time.

Phantom Warrior
07-30-2013, 08:16 PM
"Can't replace a Georgetown versus Syracuse." What's not to understand? When people talked about traditional Big East rivalries, the one most often mentioned was Syracuse versus Georgetown. That's now history, and there is nothing among the 10 current schools that presently come anywhere close to having that kind of rivalry. Some day, maybe.

kneelb4zerg
07-30-2013, 08:18 PM
"Can't replace a Georgetown versus Syracuse." What's not to understand? When people talked about traditional Big East rivalries, the one most often mentioned was Syracuse versus Georgetown. That's now history, and there is nothing among the 10 current schools that presently come anywhere close to having that kind of rivalry. Some day, maybe.

Yeah I am sure that's what she meant, I blame the bad writing.

MUBasketball
07-31-2013, 04:29 AM

Jerseyguy updated this since I posted the link. Initially it said you cant replace a Georgetown or Syracuse. It makes sense now.

CaribouJim
07-31-2013, 08:55 AM
Jerseyguy updated this since I posted the link. Initially it said you cant replace a Georgetown or Syracuse. It makes sense now.

Correct and I can vouch for that. Geez Phantom, we're not blithering idiots. Don't you think if it said GT vs SU we wouldn't have given it a second thought?

TheSultan
07-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Unfortunately, in today's world of college athletics, as soon as you speak the words "not at this time" ...it's already past tense.

VS

My thought exactly. My guess is that they already got a road map together for expansion.

MUBasketball
07-31-2013, 10:23 AM
we're not blithering idiots.

Speak for yourself! :D