PDA

View Full Version : Pro Am This Year

Goose85
07-27-2013, 03:14 PM
IWB has put on the best pro am yet as far as talent goes.

There are a lot of pros and very good college players going at it every game.

Was great to see Tokoto (whose shot has really improved) and Diante Garrett of the Phoenix Suns playing this weekend. One player that has really been impressive is Trey McKinney Jones who started for Miami this past season. He will make money playing this game.

Really a great opportunity for the college guys.

Thanks for all the work IWB, great stuff this year and it really has many of us completely fired up for the upcoming MU season. I also look forward to following the guys from the other schools that have participated.

BLT
07-27-2013, 09:12 PM
^^^Like

Some thoughts: Jamil was the best on the courts today with a lot of great performances overall. Has worked on his shooting form and went on a run fueled by the talent on his team. Did he grow a couple on inches? Looked like an AA talent today, knowing it is a Pro AM setting ;)

Was a distributor in one and a shooter in the other. Evil eye in both with his competitive face on.

Myles McKay is a consummate professional...and Juan wanted to go head to head with him but leg cramps were holding him back. Had a nice run.

QuetteHoops
07-28-2013, 02:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kk_3CIpNuM

I knew that he had a good frame. But Deonte looks like he's been through a couple summers at Marquette already. Scary.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
08-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Love that Burton is already willing to lay it in. Seems so many kids want to do nothing but dunk, I'd rather see guys that are willing to take the lay-in.

IWB
08-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Some updates.....

Trey McKinney Jones will not be there this weekend as he has a workout for Orlando.

Diante Garrett will be there this weekend.

Not sure about JP, I think he will be.

Robert Jackson will be playing this weekend.

Saturday's games have been pushed back 1 hour, first game on Saturday will start at 12:30.

IWB
08-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Also, looking for some stats volunteers for this weekend if anyone is interested in helping out.

Hamostradamus
08-01-2013, 01:19 PM
McKinney Jones is a total stud. Reminds me of watching Wes a few years ago in the Pro Am, a guy that is just so much better than everyone else that you look and say, "Yep, that's what NBA looks like." He is that good.