PDA

View Full Version : Cohen commits!!!!

Gato78
07-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Per His Twitter!!!!!

warriorfan4life
07-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Glad to have a kid who wants to be here, and glad for him that he took the spot that belonged to him and did not risk losing it.

kneelb4zerg
07-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Glad to have a kid who wants to be here, and glad for him that he took the spot that belonged to him and did not risk losing it.

Also glad the negative nancies around here can eat it.

Gato78
07-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Buzz is building a wall around Wisconsin!

Nukem2
07-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Welcome aboard, Sandy.

The Reptile
07-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the family, Sandy. We're glad to have you.

Halo
07-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Great pickup! Welcome aboard. Over some very good academic schools also like Virginia!

Gato78
07-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Michigan State and Kentucky were involved, too.

CaribouJim
07-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Mark Miller never lost the faith. Who is next?

MUBasketball
07-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Also glad the negative nancies around here can eat it.

Huh? Whatya mean?

Goose85
07-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the MU family Sandy. Glad you decided to stay in state.

Great job Buzz and staff!

MUMac
07-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Buzz is starting to stack classes. This is the beginning of a nice follow up to the '13 class. And, he has a nice start on the '15 class. Enjoy the ride, it's going to be a fun one!

mufan2003
07-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Buzz and staff are doing a great job! Love the talent Buzz has brought in and continues to bring in, wow!

dubs98
07-27-2013, 08:19 PM
fantastic news. welcome aboard mr. cohen. incredibly pumped as i think he is going to fit both our team philosophy and i think his size and skill set fit nicely with current roster make up.

Halo
07-27-2013, 09:49 PM
And it begins on Cohen.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/64095/Summer-Recruiting-Thread?page=18#.UfSE3mRARhQ

Markedman
07-27-2013, 10:46 PM
So Iowa, Purdue, Virginia and possibly MSU were willing to gamble on the kid but not UW.........works for me.

What that tells me is either the kid is really good or he isn't as big a gamble as Swenson thinks he is.........or maybe both....

ps. Man some of them are defensive....if they want to justify not going after him all they have to do is point to the fact that MU was his dream school and once he blew up and MU offered Bo was right not to waste his time......;)

warriorfan4life
07-28-2013, 12:28 AM
So Iowa, Purdue, Virginia and possibly MSU were willing to gamble on the kid but not UW.........works for me.

What that tells me is either the kid is really good or he isn't as big a gamble as Swenson thinks he is.........or maybe both....

ps. Man some of them are defensive....if they want to justify not going after him all they have to do is point to the fact that MU was his dream school and once he blew up and MU offered Bo was right not to waste his time......;)

Marquette competed favorably with Wisconsin when they had the upper hand with in-state recruiting. Now that Buzz is getting a good deal of the Wisconsin kids he wants, and competent (and hungry) coaches in place in all of the bordering states, things are not looking so rosy in Buckyville. If we land Stone and Ellenson, the vitriol will be off the charts.

mufansince72
07-28-2013, 12:28 AM
And it begins on Cohen.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/64095/Summer-Recruiting-Thread?page=18#.UfSE3mRARhQ

For us people who have been banned on Buckyville, care to summarize!

dubs98
07-28-2013, 07:14 AM
just as there are some marquette posters that are tough to swallow there will also be uw posters that will get under everyones skin. same for just about every school. unfortunately it is generally those few idiot posters that give the school a bad name. not sticking up for uw, just saying we have a few lurking around our boards as well. It is really too bad uwole never posts anymore on marquette sites. he used to be a regular on the scout board and i thought he was always very insightful and very fair. It was nice to have a different perspective. Did he get run off by others who were anti-uw?

dubs98
07-28-2013, 07:17 AM
really wasn't that bad. justified that they didn't care that mu got cohen because uw wasn't recruiting him because of grades issues. uwole kinda stuck up from mu and mentioned that he has been playing really well and a few others blew him off saying they were recruiting better players. nothing really disparaging but more dismissive on their part. no big deal. will let them see what they think after sandy rips them up with a mu uni on:)

For us people who have been banned on Buckyville, care to summarize!

TheSultan
07-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Wisconsin's recruiting for 2014 has been pretty suspect so far. Ethan Happ looks OK, but I really doubt they are going to land Alexander, Looney or White.

TulsaWarrior
07-28-2013, 07:44 AM
On a somewhat related subject -- the Milwaukee JS had the Cohen story up fairly quickly but with little insight. I think the paper is finally getting the message that fans expect more than what they were paying for with the MJS. The Green Bay Press Gazette reporter actually picked up a phone before he wrote his article. That might be the next step for Michael Hunt. FYI, Mark Miller had an excellent piece on the commitment with the WBY. You can tell when a reporter actually cares about his work.

kneelb4zerg
07-28-2013, 05:40 PM
If the student section doesn't have a Big Head of Peter Gallagher, I will lose all faith in humanity.