PDA

View Full Version : Good news for the BE and MSG tournament

TheSultan
07-24-2013, 07:48 PM
http://www.cardchronicle.com/2013/7/24/4552710/more-acc-news

"One thing you may have noticed is that Swofford talked specifically about the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and not Madison Square Garden in Manhattan. As it stand currently, both arenas already have contracts with other conferences. The Big East's contract with MSG runs through 2026 while the Atlantic 10 is set to play in the Barclays Center through 2016. It should be noted that there has been some speculation that the Garden has caveats in its contract that would allow it to dump the Big East if certain ticket sale thresholds and other standards are not met. Those rumors, however, have not been confirmed. Given the uncertainty surrounding the Big East's contract with MSG, the A10's relatively short contract length with the Barclays Center, and the fact that the A10 has lost a lot due to conference realignment, I think it is likely that we see the ACC end up in Brooklyn in 2016."

warriorfan4life
07-24-2013, 11:27 PM
I want MSG just cause it is important for seemingly everyone in power, but initially thought that we should have strongly considered Barclays as a fresh new home. Great new arena, cool part of NYC, and would have brought a freshness factor. Love the new conference, but we do not appear to going for the freshness factor save our sugar daddies at Fox Sports and Fox Sports One.

IWB
07-25-2013, 11:36 AM
No way - not only college, but pro players get excited to play in "The Garden". I do not watch the NBA at all. I saw the previews for two games this year. That's it - both games were at MSG and both times there were players on the court stretching, on camera, saying, "This is huge - Madison Square Garden! This is where everyone wants to play! This is the MECCA of basketball!"

That right there, says it all. MSG is where basketball players, college or pro, want to be.