PDA

View Full Version : CBB top 144

MU Viking
07-24-2013, 09:09 AM
The site that makes the top 144 projections for the coming year during the summer just came out with the Seton Hall projection. They are projected #9 in the Big East and #109 overall. There is one team not in the top 144, presumably DePaul.

Interesting that Seton Hall is ranked so low in the conference. Returning Fuquan Edwin in particular along with a healthy Mobley, and Oliver and Teague should give them some experience and talent. Shows the depth in the league this year that SHU is ranked 9th of 10.

Will be interesting to see where they rank us.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/6989

MUBasketball
07-24-2013, 09:21 AM
As you mentioned, they have some pieces but need more. Hopefully Sina can slide in as a freshman and contribute. Also, hopefully the addition of Freddy Hill as an assistant helps pull in players. I'm a fan of Willard's, but so far he hasn't elevated their program like I expected that he would. Sure, they were a fringe NCAA Tournament team in the '11-'12 season, but then bottomed out this season (although injuries played a big part). This year will be very telling. If they don't show much improvement, might be time to show alum Dan Hurley the money and bring him home.

Concerning DePaul...wonder if they are kicking themselves for not going after Chris Collins when they fired Jerry. I think their new arena will be the shot in the arm they need. All they need is a local stud to come on board (Cliff Alexander, for example), then others will follow and they'll be rolling. Easier said than done, but it wasn't that long ago that Pat Kennedy was pulling in the top Chicago talent.

Nukem2
07-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Concerning DePaul...wonder if they are kicking themselves for not going after Chris Collins when they fired Jerry. I think their new arena will be the shot in the arm they need. All they need is a local stud to come on board (Cliff Alexander, for example), then others will follow and they'll be rolling. Easier said than done, but it wasn't that long ago that Pat Kennedy was pulling in the top Chicago talent.Too bad Kennedy could not coach.

MUBasketball
07-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Too bad Kennedy could not coach.

He most definitely could not.

MayorBeluga
07-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Too bad Kennedy could not coach.

Pat Kennedy or Perry Clark. Discuss.

MUBasketball
07-24-2013, 10:34 AM

Throw in Matt Doherty!

Gato78
07-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Kennedy was/is the better recruiter and they were/are both terrible game coaches. Kennedy is the winner.
Yet, only Perry has a golf tournament named after him so he does have a certain cache.