PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Am tonight

IWB
07-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Games start at 6:30 tonight at Greenfield High School - I believe Wes Matthews will be in the house.

Nukem2
07-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Any reports on last night's Pro-Am...?

JohnnyRev
07-20-2013, 11:10 AM
I was able to go for the first time since returning from surgery rehab. We saw a little of the Warriors (Jameel, Jamil & Duane Wilson) vs Baird (Jake, Derek Wilson & Jajuan helping out). We only saw the first half, which ended with Warriors ahead in the teens. Jameel is very impressive, active around the boards and the ball, fast on the court and great dunks. Duane has a very fine shot and drive and is very impressive - will see plenty of action. Jamil was good but he didn't take over the game as he can. We didn't see the second half when Derek, Jake and Jajuan stormed from way behind to win. Jajuan in the first half had about 2-3 sweet 3's from the corner, though is delivery is unorthodox.

Most of our time was at the Athletico (Acker, Juan, Joe Chapman, John Dawson, Dan Fitzgerald, Davante, Grimm, and Scott Merritt) vs. 540 ESPN Deonte Burton and Todd Mayo (they only had 5 players with no subs, led into the third quarter, and tired and fell behind in the fourth). Mayo was forced to take over a great deal of the scoring and he was outstanding all over the court early and shooting both at long range and driving, though when tired in later second half he began to miss more. If Mayo keeps playing this way, I cannot see him not starting or playing starters minutes. Deonte had some great plays and nice shots, long and short, but was not the heart of the offense and I didn't notice too much effective defense. On Athletico (dominated by Davante, Scott, Fitz's 3-pointers, and Acker as PG, I watched mostly John Dawson, who never got into the flow that much and had an off shooting night. Oops - gotta run because it's time for today's pro-am.

warriorfan4life
07-20-2013, 11:40 AM
I would not teach Johnson's form, but his shot gets nice arch behind it and I think he will hit threes at more then a respectable clip for us. There will be quite a deal for minutes at the 2-3 with Mayo, Johnson, and Burton.

CaribouJim
07-20-2013, 11:49 AM
If you are old enough to remember him does it have a hitch in it or something like Jamal Wilkes?

Markedman
07-20-2013, 01:28 PM
I have compared it to Kevin Martin's............

MUAlphaBangura
07-20-2013, 02:03 PM
If you are old enough to remember him does it have a hitch in it or something like Jamal Wilkes?

Uummm, nobody here is THAT old!!!

CaribouJim
07-20-2013, 02:28 PM
That's not what the ladies tell me.

The Reptile
07-20-2013, 06:50 PM
That's not what the ladies tell me.

What percent of them have blue hair?

Nukem2
07-20-2013, 07:25 PM
What percent of them have blue hair?
Touché'...... :)