PDA

View Full Version : MU on off day in Louisville

Goose85
03-16-2012, 02:05 PM
IWB - what is MU up to today on the off day in Louisville?
Is there an open workout or are practices private?
Does the host city have any tours or anything set up for them?

IWB
03-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Just finished some interviews with players and Buzz, will take me a bit to put it up. As far as what they are doing, DJO and Jae said it best when asked by the Louisville paper....

"What have you guys done outside of basketball while you are here in Louisville?"

DJO: "Nothing really, but last night I ate at Waffle House. You would know that if you followed me on Twitter. I am from North Carolina, and there aren't too many Waffle Houses in Wisconsin. Actually, there are none. I enjoyed Waffle House last night."

Jae: We keep it simple. This is a business trip, so we don't do anything different than what we normally do. You really don't want to have too much fun because we all know that this is a business trip. We look at it as a business trip. We really want to make a run for it and not try to have too much fun other than winning."

I would look at this and say they need to relax, but even national media guys I talked to this morning talked about how focused MU is, and how determined they seem to be. I was talking to Alex Jesswein, and he remarked about how Murray State, players and coach, seem to be caught up in how great it is to be in the NCAAs, whereas MU seems like they are on a mission.

AlexJesswein
03-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Absolutely. Vander and Jae have described it as a business trip and I think that has kind of been the mentality all season long. Buzz mentioned how the team had a winning road BE record 3-of-the-4 years he has been here and I think the team buying into that mentality is a big part of it. They all mentioned that winning was enough fun for them.

Markedman
03-16-2012, 03:28 PM
I have to say I was very impressed with Vander's quotes about how many shots DJO and Jae take. Apparently one of the national media guys(Decourcy?) noticed that DJO and Jae take a high percentage of MU's shots.

He must have asked Vander if anybody else had a problem with that .

Vander's response was "I think they should take even more shots then they do" or something close to that......very mature......I think it shows that Buzz is building the program in the right way....they ae focused on winning....not on how many shots or points anybody gets.

Goose85
03-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Great to hear that they are so focused. Hopefully Murray State are enjoying just being in the field of 32.

IWB
03-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Markedman - I think DeCourcy asked the question, and here is his exact question..... but transcription may be a bit off....

Vander, DJ and Jae get so much attention, if a team keys on the two of them, CAN a team key on the two of them, or do you guys feel you have enough weapons, if somebody tries to shut those two guys down, that you've got other people that can do things?

Markedman
03-16-2012, 04:29 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-03-15/ncaa-tournament-2012-marquette-thrives-by-keeping-it-simple---get-the-ball-to-ja