PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Teague signs 4 year 32 million offer Sheet with the Bucks

zklup54
07-11-2013, 08:27 AM
The Atlanta Hawks will have three days to match the Bucks' offer on Teague. Assuming they don't, it looks like this will be the end of the Jenning's era in Milwaukee. I think this is a great move you get a young PG for 8 million a year and played under Drew for the past 4 years. And every year his game has improved. I think it was time for Jennings to move on, and this move clears some cap space for the Bucks in the future.

Goose85
07-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Very good moves.
Teague is a better defender and distributor than Jennings and apparently wants to be here.

Teague - Mayo - Ridnour ?? provides a far better balanced backcourt than what we had with Jennings / Ellis.

Bucks are trying to become the Pacers, and given the number of teams in the league that are trying to really tank, these might end up being pretty darn good moves.

The key to the whole thing is Giannis actually developing as they hope he will. It is a low risk gamble where they picked him, but if he should become the Greek Freak that would be the equivalent of a high lottery pick in 2014. Difference is he is with the Bucks a year early. If he does not develop as hoped, well that's what you get in the middle of the NBA first round.

Getting rid of the malcontents (Jennings / Ellis / Luc / some backups) and bringing in more team focused guys will turn this team into a .500 or better club next season. Tanking doesn't even guarantee a top 10 pick next season.

zklup54
07-12-2013, 09:28 AM
I like the moves a lot, I think these moves will focus more on team basketball than individuals which Jennings and Ellis were all about. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of scoring this year. Teague isn't a scorer, and Mayo only averaged 15 points per game. I'm wondering where the bulk of the scoring is going to come from. I think in the long run these moves will make this franchise better, but short term I think this team will have hard time scoring.

zklup54
07-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Meant Teague isn't as much as a scorer then Jennings

AbovetheRim
07-12-2013, 10:44 PM
I like the moves a lot, I think these moves will focus more on team basketball than individuals which Jennings and Ellis were all about. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of scoring this year. Teague isn't a scorer, and Mayo only averaged 15 points per game. I'm wondering where the bulk of the scoring is going to come from. I think in the long run these moves will make this franchise better, but short term I think this team will have hard time scoring.

And therein lies the problem. This Bucks team, as currently configurated, kind of reminds me of a typical Badger team. A lot of very solid, skilled players but when crunch time comes, who's taking the shot? I guess the hope is that Henson or EI take a massive leap forward, but still, OJ being your go to guy down the stretch is concerning. Or maybe they are wanting to go the Bulls route and win with D??? Then again, OJ doesn't make sense in that event. Either way, I'm confused. It happens with this franchise. :confused:

zklup54
07-17-2013, 08:28 AM
So with the Hawks Matching Teague's offer what's next for the Bucks? Can you honestly bring back Jennings now after basically saying we want another guy? It's a very awkward position the Bucks are in. Do they have Jennnings sign the Qualifying offer then he leaves in a year? Or try to sign him long term? Or just cut ties now?

Goose85
07-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Move Jennings for anything you can get. He has low money this season so he may fit well for a team that is at the high end of salary.

Problem is most teams have their point guard position set and for some that did not, that was addressed in the point guard heavy draft.

Like it or not, he is your point guard this year unless the Bucks can find a taker.