PDA

View Full Version : At the Yum Center.....

IWB
03-15-2012, 11:56 AM
One thing that is cool about the NCAAs, is that you are allowed to scout your next opponent. (Not allowed unless a tournament). Watching the CSU-Murray State game, and you have Aki Collins and Scott Monarch on one side of the floor, Bart Lundy and Brad Autry on the other. I think it is safe to say MU has the next opponent covered, no matter who it is.

Great comment by Gato - "Kentucky fans are like maggots, they're crawling around everywhere."

IWB
03-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Dick Strong and his wife here with a guest - Tony LaRussa.

FWIW - Larry Williams and Fr. Pilarz are here together, but Strong has better seats.

National media - Obviously we get Raftery and Verne Lundquist (I never knew Lundquist was about 5'3) Also here Jeff Goodman, Pat Forde.

IWB
03-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Bleacher Report has MU as one of the tourney's most dangerous teams (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1101917-ncaa-bracket-2012-baylor-and-the-10-most-dangerous-teams-in-ncaa-tourney/page/10).

IWB
03-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Wow - a clean slate of refs for MU - No Higgins, Burr, Donato, Driscoll, Hess - interesting, not sure if that is good or bad.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Jealous, I'll be down tomorrow... Have a feeling the cat fans will prohibit me from getting in the game but will just be happy to be around

IWB
03-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Officials for today are Jamie Kuckie, Craig Boroski and Raymond Perone.

Bo Boroski is a Big 10 ref and has done no Big East games this year, and I do not believe he has ever reffed an MU game.
Jamie Kuckie is primarily an ACC ref, but has done 8 Big East games this year, I do not believe he has ever reffed an MU game.
Ray Perone is primarily a Big 10 ref, has done 0 Big East games this year, 5 last year, I do not believe he has ever reffed an MU game.

IWB
03-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Vander sporting the new Jordan Fly Wade 2s.

DJO became the 13th player in MU history to hit 1,300 points.

For those not Twitter followers, great to see former MU players following this game.....

Joe Fulce: Marquette Basketball. We're going far.
Wesley Matthews: Schoolyard it is! #mubb #RiseAsOne @nikebasketball let's get it! We are...Marquette
Maurice Acker: #mubb
Dave Singleton: Watching my boys
Marcus Jackson: Hyped up for this marquette game.....oh we gonna shoot em out of that zone
Terry Sanders: RIP BYU
Dwight Burke: #mubb It's time
Cordell Henry: Oh yea we got Jay Crowder 2012 Big East Player of the Year! Yall better stop sleeping on my alma mater!
Dwight Buycks: Big day for the #eagles.. Let's handle business fellas!!! #MUBOYZ!!!!!
Chris Grimm: Heading over to the local pub with @timschuelke @mosarsour and @ElizabethSG817 to take in the MU game. #mubb
Jim McIlvaine: Looking at the nearly-identical band uniforms of Murray St & @MarquetteU & it looks like Murray St could use some color-safe bleach

IWB
03-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Dan Fitzgerald: Up at 4am to watch #mubb. Best time of the year! #mupride

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Noticed Vander's shoes... Didn't know they were the new ones but they look good

IWB
03-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Dwyane Wade: @dwyanewade: M.U. Looked good in the 1st half. The energy they played with was the difference

IWB
03-15-2012, 03:25 PM
BYU fans behind me chanting "Refs You Suck". Didn't know they were allowed to use such language.

ge1974
03-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Jamie Luckie screwed is in a game earlier this year, as I recall. I think it was at Georgetown. Not today. Well-officiated today! Great win.

MU Viking
03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm glad the players have less nerves than me. When that got cut to 6, I was feeling pretty sick. Glad we held on and got the win. Effort in the second half was disappointing in stretches, but hard to complain about the result. Go Marquette!

IWB
03-15-2012, 05:16 PM
You are correct GE, sorry for the error, I think the reason is that he has only done one MU game, so did not register except for the home team (Gtown)

IWB
03-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Other major media at the game today - Adam Zagoria of the infamous "Zag's Blog" and Mike DeCourcy of TSN.

Goose85
03-16-2012, 08:42 AM
As a non tweater - thanks for the twitter updates.

IWB
03-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Funny - Tony LaRussa was there with Dick and Donna Strong. About an hour later, I see a Tweet that Tony LaRussa was in the Indiana section - I assume Air Strong was active last night. The guy really loves MU and their coaches. Never surprised to see him seated on the floor at MU games, or behind the bench at Indiana, UWGB or Toledo game.

Also good to see... that guy that played for Buzz at UNO? Can't remember his name. He was around last year. Anyway, he walked in last night and Strong gave him a big hug. Tells me that Strong not only loves Buzz, but loves "Buzz' guys".

Nukem2
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Funny - Tony LaRussa was there with Dick and Donna Strong. About an hour later, I see a Tweet that Tony LaRussa was in the Indiana section - I assume Air Strong was active last night. The guy really loves MU and their coaches. Never surprised to see him seated on the floor at MU games, or behind the bench at Indiana, UWGB or Toledo game.

Also good to see... that guy that played for Buzz at UNO? Can't remember his name. He was around last year. Anyway, he walked in last night and Strong gave him a big hug. Tells me that Strong not only loves Buzz, but loves "Buzz' guys".
Yep. Verified by Matt Norlander in CBSsports.com blog. Flew in Strong's private jet. LaRuss said Dick splurged.

IWB
03-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Pat Forde: Just an off tidbit, I think Yahoo's Pat Forde may be writing an off topic story on "Hair", or the "hair of players in the tourney". I just sat through the Murray State players' press conference. Forde asked the second question... "For any of you guys, do you subscribe to Ed Daniel on Twitter, and if so can you explain the phenomenon surrounding his hair?" One of the players gave an answer about how all he does is work on his hair, and how he can't stand when people touch it. Forde got up and left, with a look on his face as if he was the cat that just swallowed the canary. I couldn't help but laugh at how proud of himself he looked.

IWB
03-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Things that annoy me about Kentucky fans.....

Their arrogance is unmatched, they feel as if the NCAA tourney is their God given right, where all other schools should feel lucky to be in their presence.
They truly believe they invented the term "three-goggles".
They are not capable of closing their mouths while chewing gum.
Rule of thumb in the media, wear neutral colors - that apparently doesn't apply to them.
Many fans wearing "Unibrow", which, when you think about it, is making fun of their star players physical appearance.
I don't like the term "d-bag", but holy cow is it a perfect description for many of them.
The list goes on and on....my goodness are these people annoying.