PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night will be BE Basketball Night on FoxSports

TheSultan
06-26-2013, 12:52 PM
According to Chicos on Scoop.

CaribouJim
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
During the draft coverage? Is that a good time?

2013UnleashTheBeast
06-26-2013, 02:56 PM
During the draft coverage? Is that a good time?

You just playin' dumb, 'bou?

IWB
06-26-2013, 02:57 PM
That is something that Chico probably would have inside info on, Thursdays sound good to me.

CaribouJim
06-26-2013, 02:59 PM
You just playin' dumb, 'bou?

I'm going to have to take the 5th on that.

MayorBeluga
06-26-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm going to have to take the 5th on that.

5th of what? Vodka?

TulsaWarrior
06-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Thursday doesn't compete with high school games and avoids Wednesday night which is a big church nights for some.

TrevorCandelino
06-26-2013, 03:58 PM
It is also a big "party" night for the co-eds.....

Mark Miller
06-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Thursday doesn't compete with high school games and avoids Wednesday night which is a big church nights for some.

More and more high school games are being played on Thursday thanks, in part, to Title IX.

Goose85
06-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Going to an all boys school it was never an issue, but I don't like the fact that both the men and women high school play on the same nights. Kids have to choose which basketball team to support. I actually like the fact that some games are not being played on different nights so kids and parents can support both.

MUfan12
06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
BIG EAST basketball... with a side of ONIONS!

http://twitdoc.com/upload/rlrassociates/raftery.pdf

Markedman
06-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Gus and Rafferty......can't wait!

Nukem2
06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Hate the New Year's Eve stuff. Its on a Tuesday and folks will be working, so the early games will get very sparse audience and the later games will conflict with parties, events and festivities leading to very low ratings. Sounds great, but it could end up being nothingness. As it is, I'll have to watch that 9:00 game against Creighton on delayed basis as my wife already has other plans for that night....:( Glad to see Raftery moving...!

TheSultan
06-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Hate the New Year's Eve stuff. Its on a Tuesday and folks will be working, so the early games will get very sparse audience and the later games will conflict with parties, events and festivities leading to very low ratings. Sounds great, but it could end up being nothingness. As it is, I'll have to watch that 9:00 game against Creighton on delayed basis as my wife already has other plans for that night....:( Glad to see Raftery moving...!

New Year's Eve sporting events generally get good television ratings.

Nukem2
06-27-2013, 01:57 PM
New Year's Eve sporting events generally get good television ratings.I've never watched any TV sports on New Year's eve. Closest would have been to see the Globetrotters on NYE. But, that's an event, not TV. Don't really know of any that watch TV on NYE other than to see mid-nite festivities.

TheSultan
06-27-2013, 02:57 PM
I've never watched any TV sports on New Year's eve. Closest would have been to see the Globetrotters on NYE. But, that's an event, not TV. Don't really know of any that watch TV on NYE other than to see mid-nite festivities.

The Chick fil A Bowl on NYE is one of the most watched bowl games of the year. Believe me, Fox knows what they are doing.

Nukem2
06-27-2013, 03:05 PM
The Chick fil A Bowl on NYE is one of the most watched bowl games of the year. Believe me, Fox knows what they are doing.

Who watches FB...we are BB people... :)

IWB
06-27-2013, 03:18 PM
I've never watched any TV sports on New Year's eve. Closest would have been to see the Globetrotters on NYE. But, that's an event, not TV. Don't really know of any that watch TV on NYE other than to see mid-nite festivities.

Thing is, every party out there has a TV on somewhere. You talk, you mingle, you take a glimpse at the tube....and usually it is just talking heads in Times Square. The channel always gets changed to "something else that is on", hence - the Chick Filet Bowl. Well, now it can be BIG EAST BASKETBALL!!!!

Nukem2
06-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Thing is, every party out there has a TV on somewhere. You talk, you mingle, you take a glimpse at the tube....and usually it is just talking heads in Times Square. The channel always gets changed to "something else that is on", hence - the Chick Filet Bowl. Well, now it can be BIG EAST BASKETBALL!!!! We can pray for that, but doubt you'll see many TVs or whatever media tuned in to Fox Sports 1 other than for the BE faithful.

GOMU1104
06-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Thing is, every party out there has a TV on somewhere. You talk, you mingle, you take a glimpse at the tube....and usually it is just talking heads in Times Square. The channel always gets changed to "something else that is on", hence - the Chick Filet Bowl. Well, now it can be BIG EAST BASKETBALL!!!!

Hey...show some respect towards the greatest chicken sandwich on the face of this planet. It's Chick-fil-A.

ziggysfryboy
06-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Or will fox have this on the mothership?

MayorBeluga
06-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Or will fox have this on the mothership?

No way. They're investing tons of money in the new network and the Big East and they need to build the brand. It's comperable to how ESPN forced cable compaines to carry ESPN2: they started putting attractive basketball and football games on it, so cable compaies heard from customers who wanted to watch a particular game.

MU/Panther
06-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Thing is, every party out there has a TV on somewhere. You talk, you mingle, you take a glimpse at the tube....and usually it is just talking heads in Times Square. The channel always gets changed to "something else that is on", hence - the Chick Filet Bowl. Well, now it can be BIG EAST BASKETBALL!!!! Clemson kicked a field goal as the game ended for a comeback win over LSU! 4.8 rating/8.6 million.

MUMac
06-28-2013, 08:12 PM
No way. They're investing tons of money in the new network and the Big East and they need to build the brand. It's comperable to how ESPN forced cable compaines to carry ESPN2: they started putting attractive basketball and football games on it, so cable compaies heard from customers who wanted to watch a particular game.

While I see your point, what better way to drum up interest than on the mothership. ESPN had the luxury of being established in sports. Fox Sports is new. Showcasing the new league on the big network to draw interest in the cable sports network makes a lot of sense to me.