PDA

View Full Version : Game 7

Goose85
06-20-2013, 11:54 AM
In what I think has been a great series, no better way to crown a champ than in a game 7.

I'm still pulling for the Heat and D-Wade. Just can't let go of the MU connection.

I think the Heat come out strong, Wade has a big game, and the Heat win by 5.

mufan2003
06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Heard a stat saying there have been 17 Game 7s in NBA Finals history. Home team is 14-3. But the Spurs have Duncan (4 rings), Parker (3 rings) and Ginobili (3 rings) and probably the best coach in the NBA. If any team is capable of becoming the 4th team to win on the road in Game 7 of the Finals, it is this Spurs team.

Definitely cheering for the Heat and D Wade to get his 3rd ring. Wade had 32 in Game 4 and 25 in Game 5. I hope Wade's knees feel good tonight. If so, I think Wade will not hesitate to be aggressiveness. Miami needs that from Wade to avoid needing a miraculous comeback again.

CaribouJim
06-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Things going pretty good for DWade thus far.

Hamostradamus
06-20-2013, 10:34 PM
This is killing me. How many times have guys turned down wide-open 12-15 footers and passed to a three point shooter? Is a mid-range shot something NBA players can't do anymore?

2013UnleashTheBeast
06-20-2013, 11:59 PM
This is killing me. How many times have guys turned down wide-open 12-15 footers and passed to a three point shooter? Is a mid-range shot something NBA players can't do anymore?

DWade &I LeBron canned midrange J after midrange J tonight. That's where this game was won. What were you watching?

Hamostradamus
06-21-2013, 07:47 AM
I got that, but they were the only ones. I actually texted Gato78 at one point in the third quarter and asked why Wade was the only one taking that shot. Too many others on both teams passed it up.

Battier actually set a record by taking 27 3-pointers in the series and ZERO two pointers. Seriously? He never had an open shot juuussst a little closer to the hoop?

Goose85
06-21-2013, 10:37 AM
The mid range game is getting lost in the NBA due to the 3 point shot and the drive to the hoop / slam dunk.

When, as a game plan, you are leaving the Lebron (best player in the game) open for that shot, as well as a certain hall of famer (D-Wade) it tells you where the game is going.

Seems when I was young the main difference between college and pros were a pro never seemed to miss an open midrange jump shot where college players did (of course I'm getting old and my memory may be not that good). There was no emphasis on a 3 point shot, so you had to hit the midrange to be in the league.

2013UnleashTheBeast
06-21-2013, 11:45 AM
The mid range game is getting lost in the NBA due to the 3 point shot and the drive to the hoop / slam dunk.

When, as a game plan, you are leaving the Lebron (best player in the game) open for that shot, as well as a certain hall of famer (D-Wade) it tells you where the game is going.

Seems when I was young the main difference between college and pros were a pro never seemed to miss an open midrange jump shot where college players did (of course I'm getting old and my memory may be not that good). There was no emphasis on a 3 point shot, so you had to hit the midrange to be in the league.

It kind of makes sense though, right? You hit 33% of 15 3 attempts (an average to below average level), that gets you 15 points. You hit 47% of 15 midrange 2's (a good to great level), that gets you 14 points. If you can hit the three, that opens up the driving lanes for a much higher % 2 point shot at the rim. Thus, 3 point shooting and finishing on drives to the rim is what players work the most on as they are essential aspects to your game at the NBA level. The midrange J is what separates the good from the great, as the midrange J is what the defense is going to give you because of the three options, it punishes them the least. Unless your name is LeBron or D-Wade.

Markedman
06-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Battier's job is to set up behind the 3 point line to stretch the floor for James and Wade. If he doesn't have an open 3 point look if it is passed to him he just moves the ball.

With guys like Battier you want them taking 3's or layups.....you leave the midrange shots to James and Wade who can create for themselves and for others.

Haslem is another guy who will shoot the midrange baseline shot if its open but he didn't play much last night and the Spurs packed the defense in taking away many of his looks.

Bosh just stunk......

2013UnleashTheBeast
06-21-2013, 02:11 PM
I thought Bosh actually played solid D in both games 6 & 7... it's not like he was jacking up ill-advised shots left and right or anything