PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Opts out of Contract

Goose85
06-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Monta Ellis opts out of $11 mil for next season and basically says goodbye to the Bucks and the $11 mil, $12 mil and $12 mil they offered.

Long term - good for the Bucks.
Can they move Jennings despite his status as a restricted FA?

By choice or not, could this be a 'blow up' year and then build with Sanders, Henson, a PG draft in 2013 and a solid pick in 2014. Depends if they try and sign Reddick and Smith.

Either way, draft a PG this season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9395337/monta-ellis-milwaukee-bucks-opt-contract-sources

AbovetheRim
06-17-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm of the mindset that Ellis had to have been the guy IWB said hated this town and couldn't wait to leave. While he may tack on an additional year, I just can't imagine he's getting better money than he left on the table but you never know. This is the NBA we're talking about. Many of the owners seemingly love to set their cash on fire.

Goose85
06-18-2013, 09:54 AM
While he may tack on an additional year, I just can't imagine he's getting better money than he left on the table but you never know. This is the NBA we're talking about. Many of the owners seemingly love to set their cash on fire.

I agree he may leave money on the table by turning down the Bucks.

One article indicated that Ellis and Dwight Howard want to play together. I'm not sure that would be a winning formula.

Need a sign and trade with Jennings and hopefully pick up a draft pick. Begin the building process with money to spend, meaning we could take on a bad contract if it improves what we get in a trade.

IWB
06-18-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm of the mindset that Ellis had to have been the guy IWB said hated this town and couldn't wait to leave.

Nope - wrong guy.

Markedman
06-18-2013, 03:19 PM
I bet it's Luc........just an educated guess.

Goose85
06-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I bet it's Luc........just an educated guess.

Mbah a Moute would welcome a trade. Has an affordable salary for next year and just one year left. Hopefully there is a playoff type team with a pick at the back end of round 1 that would like to add him for next season, but I doubt it.

Goose85
07-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Monta Ellis will be going to Dallas for between $25 and $30 mil over 3 years.

Yep, he sure left a bucks behind when he left the Bucks. Opted out of $11 for next year and another $24 to $25 mil that was offered to him for years 2 and 3.