PDA

View Full Version : Burton

Phantom Warrior
06-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Deonte had 14 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists in the state D-1 all-star game yesterday. He didn't shoot well overall (5 of 15), but he did nail 2 of 4 treys. All-star games don't mean a whole lot one way or another, but it is nice to see DB drained a couple of threes.

For whatever reason Duane did not play in the D-4 (or is Dominican in D-3) game. Maybe someone knows why?

I hate the fact that there are five "all-star" games. That comes to at least 100 "all stars."

TheSultan
06-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Mark Miller mentioned it here earlier. Duane didn't really want to play, considering that they have to raise money to participate and the luster has gone off of the event.

IWB
06-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Sorry - I had not been following that. They have to raise money to play? Is this because of the NCAA? How much do they have to raise?

TheSultan
06-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Sorry - I had not been following that. They have to raise money to play? Is this because of the NCAA? How much do they have to raise?

Here is what Mark said: "WBCA game is great, but not what it once was. Used to be 2 games. Now there are 5. And the kids are required to raise a certain amount of $$$ for the MAACC Fund. Not a bad thing, but some choose not to do so."