PDA

View Full Version : O.t. Espn

WarriorOMalley82
06-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Why the hell does ESPN put that complete blowhard Berman on tv for the US open. My God he completely destroys the whole watching experince. He is the worst of all announcers in any sport as far as I am concerned. Ok sorry that is my rant but I am so pissed it's not like u can turn the volume off and listen to radio.

kneelb4zerg
06-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah, would that the US Open had the same influence as the Masters...
http://www.shermanreport.com/best-part-of-espns-masters-coverage-no-chris-berman-augusta-national-doesnt-want-him/

MUMac
06-13-2013, 04:34 PM
I do not listen to anything that has Chris Berman on. I can't stand that buffoon. "Blowhard" is too kind of a description.

CaribouJim
06-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Why the hell does ESPN put that complete blowhard Berman on tv for the US open. My God he completely destroys the whole watching experince. He is the worst of all announcers in any sport as far as I am concerned. Ok sorry that is my rant but I am so pissed it's not like u can turn the volume off and listen to radio.

Agree wholeheartedly - he is a blithering idiot. Don't know anyone who likes him.

CaribouJim
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
...and I wouldn't be opposed to Tom Rinaldi "accidentally" falling off a cliff.

Gato78
06-13-2013, 06:04 PM
I like Chris "I'll never be your beast of" Berman. But hey, Caribou likes show tunes (I think a lame attempt to score points with supermodels btw). Caribou blew off Gail Pudvan and Erin Andrews in different decades. Bottom line: To each his own.

Markedman
06-13-2013, 06:46 PM
I think Berman's "talent" would be better served at this event.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rOC4huTxz0

CaribouJim
06-13-2013, 06:55 PM
So you actually like Chris "Bert, Be Home Blyleven" and "Greg Life Is a Cadaret" Berman? Wow, just wow Gato!

Gato78
06-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Caribou, I think it is far more manly to like Chris "Lenny" Berman than show tunes.

CaribouJim
06-13-2013, 08:03 PM
"Sammy Say it Isn't Sosa" Gato!

Goose85
06-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Berman, Musberger, Madden, Vitale. I like / liked them all. Then comes the point where the network thinks we can't get enough of them which is far from the truth.

Musberger - Way back when I enjoyed games Musberger called. Then they decided he had to do everything and I burned out on him. Now he generally just does college football and I'm back to enjoy the games he calls. It is what he is best at doing.

Berman - Come on, Oddibe "Young Again" MCDowell - loved it! Like Chris "Shelly" Berman. Problem is ESPN thinks we love all things Berman and we don't. We don't love him on golf, in fact we hate him on golf. We don't love him on hockey or anything other than baseball and Sunday football countdown. I actually can't stand him on anything other than baseball and Sunday football. ESPN is burning us out on him. Keep him off golf, we don't need him year round.

Madden and Vitale are a bit different.
I really, really enjoyed both back when they were color commentators who had a different edge and uniqueness about them. They then became caricatures of themselves. Does Vitale do any game that isn't super scintillating and sensational? Madden really knows football, but unfortunately it got to be more about the turkey leg than football.

Keep Berman where he belongs and off golf, and I'd bet that Caribou "Coffee" Jim will come around on him.

TheSultan
06-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Madden returned to his old CBS/Fox form when he got back to NBC - I thought he was fantastic his last few years on Sunday Night Football.

I think the problem is ESPN. Hype, hyberbole, screaming, shouting... ugh. I think they take otherwise fine announcers and turn them into characters. I think that is what happened to a lot of the people you mentioned.

MUMac
06-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Berman, Musberger, Madden, Vitale. I like / liked them all. Then comes the point where the network thinks we can't get enough of them which is far from the truth.

Musberger - Way back when I enjoyed games Musberger called. Then they decided he had to do everything and I burned out on him. Now he generally just does college football and I'm back to enjoy the games he calls. It is what he is best at doing.

Berman - Come on, Oddibe "Young Again" MCDowell - loved it! Like Chris "Shelly" Berman. Problem is ESPN thinks we love all things Berman and we don't. We don't love him on golf, in fact we hate him on golf. We don't love him on hockey or anything other than baseball and Sunday football countdown. I actually can't stand him on anything other than baseball and Sunday football. ESPN is burning us out on him. Keep him off golf, we don't need him year round.

Madden and Vitale are a bit different.
I really, really enjoyed both back when they were color commentators who had a different edge and uniqueness about them. They then became caricatures of themselves. Does Vitale do any game that isn't super scintillating and sensational? Madden really knows football, but unfortunately it got to be more about the turkey leg than football.

Keep Berman where he belongs and off golf, and I'd bet that Caribou "Coffee" Jim will come around on him.

I actually think the problem becomes when the people you mention believe the hype about themselves and take it to an extreme. They were better with less exposure, but also with less histrionics.

MUAlphaBangura
06-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Caribou, I think it is far more manly to like Chris "Lenny" Berman than show tunes.

I might have to side with Caribou on this one as I am going to see "Wicked" tonight. But I will not be wearing the sparkly half-shirt that Caribou recently ordered from IWB Enterprises!

Goose85
06-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Much like Caribou, I've got no problem with show tunes or leggy super models.

CaribouJim
06-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Much like Caribou, I've got no problem with show tunes or leggy super models.

Wow - the IQ of this board is shooting way north! Must me an after effect of the Tonys on Sunday.